Re: [SORForum] (unknown)

  • Brian Ingram
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2001
      Dear Thomas
      I am sure there are educated and people of good will on both the Catholic
      and both the Greek
      and Oriental Orthodox sides, searching for unity, equally there are those
      who are less educated and those who are lacking in good will who are against
      it.
      You mention some of the apparent differences between Catholic and Orthodox
      Christians, and you mentioned the filioque, immaculate conception,
      infallibility, supremacy of Petrine office, ect and you could also add the
      acceptance of divorce by the Orthodox as another problem. The solution to
      most of the questions lies in the common heritage that we all have for the
      first 500 years, an honest appraisal of that history finds that most of
      these differences are illusionary. I am quiet happy to provide a Catholic
      perspective on these, in the interest of unity, which all true followers of
      Christ should yearn for.

      Brian

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2003

        Dear Prakash,

         I can give  the phone  numbers of our bishops in Baghdad and  Mosul
        Mor Saverius Jamil Hawa  Metrropolitan of  Baghdad andBasra
        Tel .Phone:  964 1 719 6320 or 964 1 718 1668  Fax: 964 1 717583

        Mor Gregorius Saliba Shamoun, Metropolitan of Mosul Archdiocese
        Tel.Phone : 964 60 81 7861 Office.Phone: 964 60 86 7863
        Fax is not avelable.
        With love
        Sabuachen,LA

        >From: "PRAKASH GEORGE"
        >To: SOR-Forum@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SORForum] (unknown)
        >Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 12:39:32 -0000
        >

        >May god Bless Us
        >
        >Dear All,
        >If anybody know the Email address of any of our Priest or Bishop(syrian
        >orthodox) in Mousol or Bagdhad, Iraq.
        >please kindly help me
        >Lovingly Yours
        >Prakash

        >Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
        >Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
        >http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        >http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/m.VolB/TM

        Get MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service FREE for one month. Limited time offer- sign up now!