Mor Anthonious Yacoub - New Auxiliary Bishop for St. Antony's Mission, Honnavar

  • thomasdanielreji
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2009
      23 August 2009: Damascus, Syria

      On Sunday, August 23, 2009, His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch, the Supreme Head of our Universal Syrian Orthodox Church, celebrated the Holy Qurbono at the St. Peter's & St. Paul's Patriarchal Cathedral of the St. Aphrem the Syrian Monastery at Ma'arrat Seydnaya, Damascus, Syria, and during the Holy Qurbono, His Holiness consecrated Yacoub Ramban (Very. Rev. P.J Jacob Cor-Episcopo) with the name, " Mor Anthonious Yacoub" as Auxiliary Bishop for St. Antony's Mission, Honnavar of the Malankara Jacobite Syrian Christian Church under the Holy Apostolic See of Antioch and All the East.

      The Catholicos His Beatitude Aboon Mor Baselious Thomas I, Their Eminences Mor Philoxinos Mattiyas Nayis (the Patriarchal Assistant), Mor Dionnasios Behanam Jajavi (Retired), Mor Severius Ishak Zaka (Metropolitan of St. Aphrem Seminary, Mosul), Mor Gregorios Yohanna Ibrahim (Archbishop of Aleppo & Environs), Mor Selwanos Petros AL-nemeh (Metropolitan of Homs & Hama) Mor Yulios Kuriakose (Senior Metropolitan of the Simhasana churches & Institutions in India, Mor Gregorios Joseph (Metropolitan of Kochi Diocese & Malankara Episcopal Synod Secretary) and Mor Aphrem Mathews (Auxiliary Metropolitan of Angmali-High Range Diocese and Metropolitan of UAE) attended and assisted His Holiness at this blessed consecration ceremony.

      The solemn function was also attended by a large gathering of Rabans (Monks), Priests, Deacons, Nuns, the Syrian Orthodox Faithful and other Distinguished Guests from Syria, India and Syriac Orthodox Faithful from Malankara including Rev. Fr. Sunny John Plamthottathil, Ardiklo M'hero De Eto Commander Santhosh John

      Photos:
      http://www.socmnet.org/News_MorAnthonious_23aug09.htm