3rd Annual Oriental Orthodox Churches Youth Spiritual Gathering

  • Chev. Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16 8:33 PM
      3rd Annual Oriental Orthodox Churches Youth Spiritual Gathering

      On Saturday June 20, 2009, the Oriental Orthodox Churches of Southern California will be joining together at the Saint Gregory Armenian Apostolic Church of Pasadena, CA for the 3rd Annual OOC Youth Spiritual Gathering!

      His Grace Bishop Serapion, Archbishop Hovnan Derderian, Archbishop Moushegh Mardirossian, Archbishop Eugene Kaplan and various clergymen from all over the Southern California Oriental Orthodox Archdiocese are due to attend this special day engaging in discussion, lectures and activities carefully crafted for our youth to participate in.

      The event is due to begin at 10:30 am with Registration and Check In. Morning Prayers will begin the event with hymns sung by all four Oriental Orthodox Churches. Following Morning Prayers, an Ice Breaker activity and Lunch will allow youth to meet, while having fun and participating in fun filled special activities. Discussion Group presentations/discussion led by Spiritual Leaders/Youth will then allow youth to educate themselves on various topics of Oriental Orthodoxy, while encompassing the them of the event: Me, Myself and Christ. Closing prayers will then conclude the event.

      We pray to our Lord Jesus Christ to bless this event and allow it to be fruitful for all youth who attend. We ask Him to guide our future events for the glory of His Name.

      More information will be given as it becomes available, please email any delegates regarding any questions meanwhile.

      Blessings,
      Sophia Allaf
      Chairwoman of the OOC Youth
      http://www.oocyouth.org