Greek Deputy Foreign Minister receives HH Mor Ignatius Zakka I

  • drthomas_joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2009
      Greek Deputy Foreign Minister His Excellency Theodoros Kassimis on Saturday received the Patriarch of the Universal Syriac Orthodox Church, His Holiness Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, at the foreign ministry, with discussions focusing on scholarships for theologians of the Church of Antioch as well as special Greek language programmes during the summer.

      His Holiness also thanked the minister for the Greek government's support of the Syriac Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch and All the East.

      Deputy Foreign Minister Kassimis later hosted a reception in honor of the visiting ecclesiastical leader.