941Re :[SORForum] His Holiness Aram I visited Patriarch His Holiness Ignatius Zakka I Iwas

  • Simon Thomas
    Sep 24, 2008
      Hi Mr. Thomas,

      Simon Thomas
      Abu Dhabi.

      On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:16:14 -0000 SOR-Forum@yahoogroups.com wrote

      His Holiness Aram I visited Patriarch His Holiness Ignatius Zakka I

      Iwas in Damascus

      On 09 September 2008 evening His Holiness Aram I and the delegation

      visited Patriarch Zakka I Iwas in the Syrian Church's summer

      residence. The Synod of Syrian Bishops is underway presently. Upon

      his arrival, His Holiness was received by the Patriarch and the

      Bishops.

      Patriarch Zakka I warmly welcomed the Pontiff underlining the

      friendly relations between the two churches. The Patriarch recalled

      the Fellowship between the Coptic and Syrian Churches and the

      Catholicosate of Cilicia, set up by the efforts of His Holiness Aram

      I 12 years ago.

      Making a brief overview of the relations between the Armenian and

      Syrian Churches, His Holiness Aram I said: "Our two churches have had

      the same theological approach and have together against all external

      heretical movements. We must further strengthen our cooperation in a

      world in which we are facing many challenges patching the daily life

      of our communities. He called upon the Bishops to continue the strong

      cooperation between the two churches with the same spirit

      particularly at the level of the Dioceses."

      The meeting was followed by a reception during which Syrian Bishops

      asked His Holiness questions about theological and ecumenical issues.

      To view the photos: http://socmnet.org/Aram_Zakka_09sept08.htm

      Ebay