826Churches in Antioch, Turkey (Antakya)

  • sandalow1
    May 22, 2006
      Hi folks. Thanks for letting me in.

      I noticed a picture on your main web page of your Patriarch Ignatius
      Zakka I at the Church of St. Peter in Antioch.

      I was in Antioch two years ago, looking for anything connected to the
      earlier Christian presence. There was little to find. Certainly the
      cave of St. Peter on the hill is important. But, I wondered if there
      was any remains left of Byzantine era Christianity there.

      How old is your church there? Do any of you know of any other sites in
      Antakya that have Christian roots?

      Thanks!

      Al Sandalow
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic