784Christmas Message from the Patriarch

    Dec 30, 2005
      BY THE GRACE OF GOD
      IGNATIUS ZAKKA I IWAS
      PATRIARCH OF ANTIOCH AND ALL THE EAST
      SUPREME HEAD OF THE UNIVERSAL SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH

      NO: E375/05 (EMBLEM)

      December 6, 2005

      Apostolic Benediction to our beloved spiritual children: the
      Reverend Vicars and the Parishioners of all our churches and
      congregations in the Gulf Region.

      Prophet Malachi prophesied: "For you who revere my name the Sun of
      Righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings." (Malachi 4:2).
      This prophecy was fulfilled nearly four hundred years later when our
      Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ God-Incarnate, was born at Bethlehem.
      All Christians the world over celebrate the Nativity of our Lord
      Jesus Christ as the 'Feast of Christmas'. Christmas is the time for
      spiritual rejoicing and glorifying God. But unfortunately, there is
      now much unhappiness in the world. Injustice and unrighteousness
      are present in many parts of the world. Lack of belief in God is on
      the increase. People and nations are failing to understand God's
      love for them. So they are becoming more self-centered than God-
      centered. And naturally, there is no peace, but unrest all over the
      world. All human efforts to establish lasting peace are proving to
      be in vain. Only God can bring lasting peace and joy. St. John the
      Apostle testifies: "For God so loved the world that He gave unto the
      world His Only-begotten Son that whoever believe in Him shall not
      perish, but have eternal life" (St. John 3:16). We must realise this
      love of God for us and love Him in return. We must repent and
      believe in His Only-begotten Son, Lord Jesus Christ and accept Him
      as our Lord and Saviour. We must entrust ourselves completely into
      the hand of our Lord Jesus Christ as His blessed mother. St. Mary
      submitted herself completely to the will of God. We must allow Him
      to guide us in the paths of righteousness. And then, as Prophet
      Jeremiah say, "He shall reign as King and deal wisely, and shall
      execute justice and righteousness in the land" (Jeremiah 23:5). May
      our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ wipe off all injustice,
      unrighteousness and suffering and grant us all lasting peace and
      joy. We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We
      extend our Apostolic Blessings to you. May the grace of God be with
      you all.

      FORUM/message/7545