746A Tribute to My Markosachan -L.L. H.E. Markose Mor Koorilose

    May 31, 2005
      It is indeed painful to hear about the untimely demise of our Koorilos
      Thirumeni. With H.E. Koorilose's Demise the Syrian Church is losing
      one of the last bishops who has held fast to the spiritual traditions
      of our church unflinchingly. I am blessed to have been one of the
      youths, who had the fortune to learn Syriac from that great Malphono
      of our church. That one year of my life immediately after my
      graduation in English, at St. Mary's Church, Kurichy with
      Markoseachen, is unforgettable and it has influenced my life
      decisively. It has confirmed me in my decision to become a priest as
      well to pursue well the study of the language of our Lord.

      For the full text of the Tribute, please visit