      From: Steve Dennehy [mailto:svjd@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 5:25 AM
      To: SOR-Forum@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SORForum] Jesus is a Jew

      Jesus, from His conception in an egg in the womb of
      the All-Holy Virgin Miriam is Spirit-Soul-Body, as are
      all human persons.
      His Spirit is His Person, His "I" (God the
      Son/Word/Image), eternal and Divine.
      His Soul is  perfect universal, but at the same time
      is unique and individual.
      His Body is male and ethnically Jewish Semitic
      He is One Lord Yeshua Messiah (Jesus Christ).

      You state this correctly when you say He is a single
      hypostasis (Person).

      Your statement that"He never actually became a Jewish
      man, He just assumed the role of one for the purpose
      of establishing the Kingdom of God ..."   strikes me as
      Nestorian and Gnostic.  You seem to be denying the
      Incarnation altogether.  I don't undertsand how you
      could read St. Athanasius and come to that conclusion.

      The tradition in the Church from ancient times is that
      the Gospels are arranged in chronological order, in
      the order in which they were written.  The Tradition
      is that Mathew's was addressed to the Aramaic-Syriac
      speaking Jewish and Syrian Christians, Luke to the
      Greek speaking Christians and Mark to the Latin
      speaking Christians.

      It is always a mistake to subvert theology to
      philosophy.  It is always a mistake to subvert God to
      theology.  Dogmas are boundaries; they tell us where
      to go, where not to go. But dogmas are not God,
      statements about God are not God. ONLY GOD IS GOD.
      God is Father-Jesus-Spirit, One in Essence and

      Do you Yahoo!?