597Re: [SORForum] Re: Jesus is a Jew

  • Steve Dennehy
    May 2, 2004
      Jesus is a Jew, Jesus is a man--God as man and will
      always be a man, a Divine man. Otherwise you end up
      denying the Incarnation. "What is not assumed is not
      redeemed" (I think it was St. Athanasius who said
      that.). God the Son did not becaome man, then
      transcend being a man, cease being a man. He restored
      His human nature to a pre-fallen state in His glorious
      resurrection, restoring our human nature in His. He
      ascended into the Father, deifying His human nature
      and deifying our human nature in His. In the
      Ascension His human nature becomes Divine, it does not
      cease to exist.