468Announcing Hugoye In Print (Vol. 5, 2002)
- Jul 28, 2003Announcement: Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies is now available in print (Vol. 5, 2002)
PISCATAWAY, NJ, July 25, 2003 -- Beth Mardutho: The Syriac Institute (http://www.bethmardutho.org) published this month the first printed volume of its peer-reviewed academic periodical Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies (Vol. 5, 2002). Since its inception in 1998, the Insititute had intended to make all volumes available in print. Within the next couple of years, all back issues will be available in printed form, as well as new issues.Subscription to the journal is as follows:
- Members: All members of The Friends of BETH MARDUTHO: THE SYRIAC INSTITUTE receive the journal as a benefit of membership. Dues are $60 for individuals, and $30 for students (enclose photocopy of student ID). Members also receive Mardu, the Institutes newsletter. Membership is open to individuals only.
- Non-members: Institutions may subscribe to the journal and Mardu, the Institutes newsletter, at $110.
Back issues are at the rate of the current year. Prepayment is required for shipment. One can subscribe to back issues at http://www.bethmardutho.org/members/ (scroll to the end of the page for back issues). All subscriptions and address changes should be sent to BETH MARDUTHO: THE SYRIAC INSTITUTE, 46 Orris Ave., Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA. Fax. +1 732-699-0342. E-mail: hugoye@....
Members of the Friends of Beth Mardutho who paid their annual dues for 2002 need not subscribe to volume 5 as they will be getting it shortly in the mail.About Beth Mardutho and HugoyeEstablished in 1992, Beth Mardutho seeks to promote the study and preservation of the Syriac heritage and language, and to facilitate opportunities for people to pursue the study of this ancient legacy globally. Published semiannually since 1988, Hugoye is the only electronic peer-reviewed academic journal that is dedicated entirely to the Syriac tradition. Hugoye is a founding member of the Association of Peer-Reviewed Electronic Journals in Religion. [www.bethmardutho.org]Join Beth MarduthoBe part of bringing the Syriac heritage into the third millennium. Become a member at www.bethmardutho.org (click on "Become a Member"); you will get Hugoye (printed edition) and Mardu as benefits of membership.
1. Did you contribute to Beth Mardutho this year? If so, THANKS! If not, we'd like to remind you that the valuable services that Beth Mardutho brings you free of charge cost us quite a bit. We count on your support. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation on http://www.bethmardutho.org/HelpUs/.
2. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.