33The Koran

  • Brian.Ingram
    Oct 18, 1997
      Happy new year to you all.

      I wonder if anyone can help me with this;

      The question is, are These Arabic terms Naa/Nahoo (WE), Alaina/Elaina (US),and Lana (Our) used in an Arabic cultural context for One and Only, in Arabic fare used for or by a person of high rank., and it is used as a singular, rather than the plural.
      I ask this as the Koran has the following verses.
      "We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape;
      "And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching
      wind. "
      My thinking was is this a hidden refernce to the trinity in the Koran?

      Brian

      If God refeers to Himself in the Koran as "We" can that be seen as a case for the trinity.