267Dhukorono Of St. Thomas (July 3rd)

    Jul 2, 2002

      St. Thomas Day (July 3rd)

      Some of the sayings attributed to Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas

      Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and it is outside you.: Thomas, Saying 3

      Jesus said, "Look to the living one as long as you live, otherwise you might die and then try to see the living one, and you will be unable to see." :Thomas, Saying 59

      Jesus said, "Whoever is near me is near the fire, and whoever is far from me is far from the Father's kingdom.": Thomas, Saying 82

      Jesus said, "Images are visible to people, but the light within them is hidden in the image of the Father's light. He will be disclosed, but his image is hidden by his light.": Thomas, Saying 83