154Rise up, O Children of Light

    Sep 27, 2001
      Open to us, Lord, your great Door, 0 Fountain of all mercy, hear our
      prayer and have mercy on our souls. Lord of the morning and ruler of
      all seasons, hear our prayer and have mercy on our souls. Shine upon
      me, Lord, and I shall be Light like the day; I will sing your praise
      in Light while I marvel; may the morning awaken me to the praise of
      your Godhead and I will pursue the study of your Word all the day
      long. With the day may your Light shine on our thoughts and may it
      drive away the shadows of error from our souls. The creation is full
      of Light, give Light also to our hearts that they may praise you with
      the day and the night.

      (Syrian Orthodox Prayer)

      Rise up, 0 children of Light, and let us give glory to the Lord who
      alone can save our souls. 0 Lord, as you withdraw sleep from the eyes
      of our body, grant us wakefulness of mind so that we may stand before
      you in awe and sing your praises worthily.

      (Syrian Orthodox Prayer)