Re: Iron Kettle

  • buckeyeblitzen@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 2, 2012
      We have one extra kit today, $20, at the France house, first to contact gets first dibs!

      Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless
    • Jim Sudduth
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 2, 2012
        I'll call dibs on the ingredients if no one is coming over to brew today.

        ------------------------------

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 2, 2012
          Kit has been claimed!

          Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless
        • Mike Heilman
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 3, 2012
            Thanks to Dan and Amanda for hosting the Iron Kettle. Awesome day for brewing.

            The pawpaw has blown the lid off my fermenter not once, but twice! Even the blowoff tube was clogged. I have papaw everywhere!
          • Groene, Stacy B (Stacy)
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 4, 2012

            Both fermenters from our batch (Chad-WLP570 Belgian, Stacy-WLP001) overwhelmed the airlocks by Sunday morning as well.  And this was with no Pawpaw added yet. (will add the fruit this weekend)

            I had just turned to grab a blowoff tube when the airlock hit the ceiling and a the fermenter belched a yeasty river of foam.  Things subsided by this morning enough to replace the blowoff hose with another airlock.

            Ditto on the thanks to Dan & Amanda for hosting and making sure we had all resources needed…even the awesome weather.   Thanks also to Dan, Amanda & Vic for coordinating the event…it was great time, and the effort to make this happen is appreciated.

            -Stacy

          • adamant628
            Message 6 of 25 , Jun 4, 2012
              Similar story in my basement. The spill was more or less contained, but I think I'll be using a blowoff tube to start my brews from now on.

              --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, "Groene, Stacy B (Stacy)" <stacy.groene@...> wrote:

              > Both fermenters from our batch (Chad-WLP570 Belgian, Stacy-WLP001) overwhelmed the airlocks by Sunday morning as well. And this was with no Pawpaw added yet. (will add the fruit this weekend)
              >
              > I had just turned to grab a blowoff tube when the airlock hit the ceiling and a the fermenter belched a yeasty river of foam. Things subsided by this morning enough to replace the blowoff hose with another airlock.
              >
              > Ditto on the thanks to Dan & Amanda for hosting and making sure we had all resources needed...even the awesome weather. Thanks also to Dan, Amanda & Vic for coordinating the event...it was great time, and the effort to make this happen is appreciated.
              >
              > -Stacy

            • Jay Wince
              Message 7 of 25 , Jun 4, 2012
                Just FYI to all the pawpaw beers, don't add the fruit until the fermentation is completely still or you may have another volcano. You want no suspended CO2 when you put in the fruit. All those nucleation points can cause issues. This also keeps all the flavor and aroma in the beer.

                Jay Wince
                President/Brewer
                Weasel Boy Brewing Company, LLC
                126 Muskingum Avenue Suite E
                Zanesville, Ohio 43701
                ph - (740) 605-7468
                email - weaselboybrewing@...
                web - www.weaselboybrewing.com

                Similar story in my basement. The spill was more or less contained, but I think I'll be using a blowoff tube to start my brews from now on.

                --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, "Groene, Stacy B (Stacy)" <stacy.groene@...> wrote:

                > Both fermenters from our batch (Chad-WLP570 Belgian, Stacy-WLP001) overwhelmed the airlocks by Sunday morning as well. And this was with no Pawpaw added yet. (will add the fruit this weekend)
                >
                > I had just turned to grab a blowoff tube when the airlock hit the ceiling and a the fermenter belched a yeasty river of foam. Things subsided by this morning enough to replace the blowoff hose with another airlock.
                >
                > Ditto on the thanks to Dan & Amanda for hosting and making sure we had all resources needed...even the awesome weather. Thanks also to Dan, Amanda & Vic for coordinating the event...it was great time, and the effort to make this happen is appreciated.
                >
                > -Stacy

              • Nelson
                Message 8 of 25 , Jun 6, 2012
                  I'll echo Mike's words and thank him as well. This was my first Iron Kettle and while I didn't quite have all the parts and pieces for doing all grain outside of my garage, Mike was nice enough to allow me to brew with him. The setup and spread at Dan and Amanda's place couldn't of been better. Thanks to everybody for putting on a great event!

                  And yes I am happy I had the foresight to throw the fermenter in my shower stall for the first couple days, what a mess!

                  --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Heilman" <mphe@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks to Dan and Amanda for hosting the Iron Kettle. Awesome day for brewing.
                  >
                  > The pawpaw has blown the lid off my fermenter not once, but twice! Even the blowoff tube was clogged. I have papaw everywhere!

                • Will Shiel

                    Similar story in my basement. The spill was more or less contained, but I think I'll be using a blowoff tube to start my brews from now on.

                    --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, "Groene, Stacy B (Stacy)" <stacy.groene@...> wrote:

                    > Both fermenters from our batch (Chad-WLP570 Belgian, Stacy-WLP001) overwhelmed the airlocks by Sunday morning as well. And this was with no Pawpaw added yet. (will add the fruit this weekend)
                    >
                    > I had just turned to grab a blowoff tube when the airlock hit the ceiling and a the fermenter belched a yeasty river of foam. Things subsided by this morning enough to replace the blowoff hose with another airlock.
                    >
                    > Ditto on the thanks to Dan & Amanda for hosting and making sure we had all resources needed...even the awesome weather. Thanks also to Dan, Amanda & Vic for coordinating the event...it was great time, and the effort to make this happen is appreciated.
                    >
                    > -Stacy

                  • Groene, Stacy B (Stacy)
                    Message 10 of 25 , Jun 12, 2015

                      I assume Iron Kettle is still on for those that signed up before the 9th?

                      9AM…correct?

                    • Will Shiel
                      Message 11 of 25 , Jun 12, 2015

                        Yes, I will send an email of details shortly to those who signed up.