Re: [SODZ] Free Oak Barrels, CBC

  • Jim Sudduth
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2012
      Will,
      If you have reserved one and need assitance in picking it up, let me know.

      Also, I'm wondering, what's the size of these barrels?  I still have the Weasel Boy 60 gallon barrel in my garage.  I'd love to trade it for a smaller one that is more usable.

      Jim Sudduth

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2012
        Just FYI Jim,

        The barrel is 200L, or about 53 gallons. CBC used the same Woodford barrels I believe.

        Jay Wince
        President/Brewer
        Weasel Boy Brewing Company, LLC
        126 Muskingum Avenue Suite E
        Zanesville, Ohio 43701
        ph - (740) 605-7468
        email - weaselboybrewing@...
        web - www.weaselboybrewing.com

        From: Will Shiel <shielwj@...>
        To: "sodz" <SODZ@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 4:06 PM

        CBC just posted on Facebook that they are giving away their used oak barrels for free.  If anyone wants to return the favor to me for sharing the tip you could pick one up for me as I won't be in Columbus until Friday. -Will
      • Will Shiel

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2012
            I figured it wouldn't make much sense for a production brewery to use anything smaller. I'll just have to man up and brew a 53 gallon batch. Top up a ten gallon batch to make a really light beer. Barrel aged Miller lite clone anyone?

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2012
              Jim, a 55 gal batch for you would mean preboil of about 275 gal to get the right efficiency right