Summer Picnic

  • Vic Gonzales
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
      First Annual Beer & France

      July 25 and 26 SODZ will hold its annual picnic at Dan and Amanda Frances' house. The picnic will be on Saturday with a campout and Bon Fire. More details to follow….
    • Sean
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
        Sounds like a blast, but as usual I will have to work.  Dang it!  Wanted to see the Frances' coumpound before the feds raid it!

        Sean

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 27, 2012
          The summer picnic will be Saturday July 21 at Scott Manor's place in New Albany.  He has a couple acres, and the pictures he sent me look very nice.  The agenda will be similar to the last couple years -- show up in the afternoon, potluck-style dinner with SODZ providing the main dealy, and camping for everyone who's interested.  We'll have more information soon, but I wanted to put this out there so everyone can get it on their calendar.

          Big thanks to Scott and his family for hosting us!  I'm looking forward to it; see you all out there.

          Ben
        • manortc
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 9, 2012
            Gearing up for the summer picnic and looking forward to having everyone here. At least 2 of our 3 neighbors will not be around for the event, and we're inviting the third. A few things that we don't have a lot of and would love for people to bring.

            Outdoor tables and chairs
            Canopies
            Outdoor games, such as horseshoes, ladderball, badminton, etc.

            Also, a general RSVP would be nice so we can get an approximate number of people here and how many are camping.

            --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, Ben Siefker <ben.siefker@...> wrote:

            > The summer picnic will be Saturday July 21 at Scott Manor's place in New
            > Albany. He has a couple acres, and the pictures he sent me look very
            > nice. The agenda will be similar to the last couple years -- show up in
            > the afternoon, potluck-style dinner with SODZ providing the main dealy, and
            > camping for everyone who's interested. We'll have more information soon,
            > but I wanted to put this out there so everyone can get it on their calendar.
            >
            > Big thanks to Scott and his family for hosting us! I'm looking forward to
            > it; see you all out there.
            >
            > Ben

          • John Space
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 18, 2012

              The time listed is "afternoon", are you thinking 1-2ish?

              On Jul 9, 2012 11:31 PM, "manortc" <manortc@...> wrote:

              Gearing up for the summer picnic and looking forward to having everyone here. At least 2 of our 3 neighbors will not be around for the event, and we're inviting the third. A few things that we don't have a lot of and would love for people to bring.

              Outdoor tables and chairs
              Canopies
              Outdoor games, such as horseshoes, ladderball, badminton, etc.

              Also, a general RSVP would be nice so we can get an approximate number of people here and how many are camping.

              --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, Ben Siefker <ben.siefker@...> wrote:

              > The summer picnic will be Saturday July 21 at Scott Manor's place in New
              > Albany. He has a couple acres, and the pictures he sent me look very
              > nice. The agenda will be similar to the last couple years -- show up in
              > the afternoon, potluck-style dinner with SODZ providing the main dealy, and
              > camping for everyone who's interested. We'll have more information soon,
              > but I wanted to put this out there so everyone can get it on their calendar.
              >
              > Big thanks to Scott and his family for hosting us! I'm looking forward to
              > it; see you all out there.
              >
              > Ben

            • Ben Siefker
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 18, 2012
                I believe it's in another post, John, but the plan is 3 pm.

                On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM, John Space <johndspace@...> wrote:

                The time listed is "afternoon", are you thinking 1-2ish?

                On Jul 9, 2012 11:31 PM, "manortc" <manortc@...> wrote:

                Gearing up for the summer picnic and looking forward to having everyone here. At least 2 of our 3 neighbors will not be around for the event, and we're inviting the third. A few things that we don't have a lot of and would love for people to bring.

                Outdoor tables and chairs
                Canopies
                Outdoor games, such as horseshoes, ladderball, badminton, etc.

                Also, a general RSVP would be nice so we can get an approximate number of people here and how many are camping.

                --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, Ben Siefker <ben.siefker@...> wrote:

                > The summer picnic will be Saturday July 21 at Scott Manor's place in New
                > Albany. He has a couple acres, and the pictures he sent me look very
                > nice. The agenda will be similar to the last couple years -- show up in
                > the afternoon, potluck-style dinner with SODZ providing the main dealy, and
                > camping for everyone who's interested. We'll have more information soon,
                > but I wanted to put this out there so everyone can get it on their calendar.
                >
                > Big thanks to Scott and his family for hosting us! I'm looking forward to
                > it; see you all out there.
                >
                > Ben

              • Jim Sudduth
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 19, 2012
                  Hey all, I just wanted to respond and say how disappointed I am that I will probably miss the picnic since I will be traveling home from the beach on Saturday. I don't want you guys to forget about me as you are my only friends. Though if I can pull my wife away from the sand early enough, maybe I can get there by breakfast on Sunday.
                  Though I know it will be difficult, have fun without me. Thanks to, Scott for sponsoring it this year.
                  Jim Sudduth

                  Ben Siefker <ben.siefker@...> wrote:

                  I believe it's in another post, John, but the plan is 3 pm.

                  On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM, John Space <johndspace@...> wrote:

                  The time listed is "afternoon", are you thinking 1-2ish?

                  On Jul 9, 2012 11:31 PM, "manortc" <manortc@...> wrote:

                  Gearing up for the summer picnic and looking forward to having everyone here. At least 2 of our 3 neighbors will not be around for the event, and we're inviting the third. A few things that we don't have a lot of and would love for people to bring.

                  Outdoor tables and chairs
                  Canopies
                  Outdoor games, such as horseshoes, ladderball, badminton, etc.

                  Also, a general RSVP would be nice so we can get an approximate number of people here and how many are camping.

                  --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, Ben Siefker <ben.siefker@...> wrote:

                  > The summer picnic will be Saturday July 21 at Scott Manor's place in New
                  > Albany. He has a couple acres, and the pictures he sent me look very
                  > nice. The agenda will be similar to the last couple years -- show up in
                  > the afternoon, potluck-style dinner with SODZ providing the main dealy, and
                  > camping for everyone who's interested. We'll have more information soon,
                  > but I wanted to put this out there so everyone can get it on their calendar.
                  >
                  > Big thanks to Scott and his family for hosting us! I'm looking forward to
                  > it; see you all out there.
                  >
                  > Ben

                • manortc
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 19, 2012
                    As I put the final preparations together, I've noticed the weather is forecast to be great! 85 and sunny. Looking forward to seeing everyone
                  • Carey Hall
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 8, 2013
                      Please note the picnic is limited to those members whose dues are currently paid.  If your dues have lapsed don't worry we can accept membership dues at the picnic.

                      http://www.sodz.org/2013/07/08/summer-picnic/

                      --
                      -- Carey
                    • Jim Sudduth
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 8, 2013
                        I was not able to participate in the Iron Kettle, but if I've done that thing that seems to be so popular these days, that being make my own beer at home, could I bring some? I could hide it and pour it into plastic cups like I did last week at Red, White, and Boom.
                        Sorry, hate to be that guy who "always has to bring his homebrew to every get together "
                        Let us know. I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

                        Jim Sudduth

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 7, 2014
                            I hope everyone had a great 4th.

                            Information for the Summer Picnic can be found here:

                            Don't forget to sign up so that we will have enough main course for people to eat.

                            --
                            -- Carey
                          • Carey Hall
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 17, 2014
                              Good Morning!

                              A friendly reminder for those who are planning to come to the picnic we would like you to RSVP using the form found at the bottom of this post: