October Meeting: Sunday October 19

  • fbarickm
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
      This months meeting will be changed to Sunday October 19th. It will
      still be at Weasel Boy in Zanesville and start at noon. We will have
      a pot luck lunch at the meeting. Its an Oktoberfest theme. SODZ will
      provide the meat! Please bring a dish to share.

      Style Discussion - IPA
      Tech Talk - Sanitation
      Off Flavor - Medicinal

      Judge - APA (non AHA COC)

      Please try and get Vic Gonzales and newsletter related articles.

      SAT OCT 18, Is the CMI homebrew competition. With the meeting
      rescheduled this should not conflict. I hope SODZ jduges and those
      wanting to learn to judge can attend.

    • degeorge@aep.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008

        Jay,
        What is the possibility that I could get some manure from you via your farmer, and I could pick it up on Oct 19?

        Dan George

      • Chris Alltmont
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
          I've got a plan for the brats, just leave that to me. The change works well for me

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
            So that is how you stay full of shit!

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
              Dan, normally I would never pass up an opportunity like this to
              "tee-up" and have some fun with you... but, man you are just making
              this too easy...

              --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, degeorge@... wrote:

              > Jay,
              > What is the possibility that I could get some manure from you via your
              > farmer, and I could pick it up on Oct 19?
              >
              > Dan George

            • Jay Wince
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
                WOW!!

                Talk about putting it out there to jump all over............. in any case, Dan, I can give him a call today. Let me know about how much you want. I can probably fill an old grain bag for you if you think that is enough.

                Jay

              • degeorge@aep.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008

                  Everyone was wondering what made that English Mild so tasty....

                  Dan, normally I would never pass up an opportunity like this to
                  "tee-up" and have some fun with you... but, man you are just making
                  this too easy...

                  --- In SODZ@yahoogroups. com, degeorge@... wrote:

                  > Jay,
                  > What is the possibility that I could get some manure from you via your
                  > farmer, and I could pick it up on Oct 19?
                  >
                  > Dan George

                • Jeff L.
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 6, 2008
                    Note to self: Do not try Dan's Oct 20th batch

                    --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, degeorge@... wrote:

                    > Jay,
                    > What is the possibility that I could get some manure from you via
                    your
                    > farmer, and I could pick it up on Oct 19?
                    >
                    > Dan George

                  • Jeff L.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 6, 2008
                      And those who recognized the taste did not want to say

                    • degeorge@aep.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 6, 2008

                        Jeff, they called the flavor "earthy"

                        And those who recognized the taste did not want to say

                        --- In SODZ@yahoogroups. com, degeorge@... wrote:

                        > Everyone was wondering what made that English Mild so tasty....

                      • Jay Wince
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 6, 2008
                          Try the descriptor 'barnyard' on for size.