Re: Teach A Friend to Brew Day At GB

  • brewstarr
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
      I'm planning on being there. I am planning a stout or possibly a
      pumpkin stout if I have the guts to try it. I was trying to bring
      potential new member from my neighborhood, but he hasn't been
      responding to my e-mails the last couple of days. I'm hoping to mash
      the night before and boil on the patio. Questions and newbies will
      be welcome.

      This is my 1st free Saturday for 8 weeks, so I'm looking forward to
      it. I have a yeast started, but I haven't been too attentive. I may
      need to tap some of Eric's.

      Rick

      --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, Sean <sardaukar875@...> wrote:

      > Wow, all this generosity with the hops and yeast is great! That
      will be a big help for those attending! I cannot go though,
      although it was a close call tickets to the Wisconsin game won out.

      > If anyone needs a keggle they can borrow mine as long as I get a
      bottle or two of the completed brew :) I also have a Shirron plate
      chiller and a homemade "Hop Taco " to screen out anything coming
      from the keggle to the chiller.

      Vermaaten <sethvermaaten@> wrote:

      > > I'll actually be in town this weekend after being away for a few
      > months so, I'll be there. I can either show someone brewing,
      extract
      > method or help someone with an all grain brewing method. Whichever
      > works out best for the group. Just let me know, what to expect.
      > Thanks and Party on.
      > >
      > > Seth

      Sound
      > > off here and post if you would like to join up with someone to
      brew
      > > with!
      > >
      > > Chris and I are going to join forces and brew an all grain
      American
      > > Barley Wine on the patio. Since it will not be ready by the 26th
      of
      > > Nov., we are going to take the 2nd runnings and partygyle an
      > American
      > > Amber (or something hoppy) out of it... That should be ready to
      > drink
      > > by then!

      > > http://mail.yahoo.com <http://mail.yahoo.com/>

      > Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger
      Café. Stop by today!
      <http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?
      ocid=TXT_TAGLM_OctWLtagline>