NHC Regionals

  • fbarickm
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
      Hey all, Entries are due to NHC regionals by April 13. That means
      they must be registered and be delivered by then! I suggest shipping
      entries Mon or Tue April 9 or 10 to make sure they get there.
      Remember, you only need to ship one bottle!

      I plan on having 4 or 5 entries this year! Last year Jay Wince, Bob
      Breckler, and myself all brought home awards. SODZ was tied for the
      top 21st brew club in country! Lets try beat this and get a few more
      this year. Remember, you can't win if you don't enter!

      Also, as you have seen several postings, judging is April 20 and 21.
      I plan on going up for either the 20th or the 21st judging. Now that
      SODZ has quite a few number of new beer judges amongst us (congrats
      all who braved the test), lets try and get a group of us to head up
      there and support the event. Those who have taken the test are now
      BJCP and can check that on their judge sheets. Even if you have not
      taken the test, NHC can always use help. Last year they had 800 or so
      entries when the expected 400. If you would like to help let the
      organizers or me know.

      Frank
    • brewstarr
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
        Along the same lines, speaking about all our new trained judges, I
        received this from Bill Koch up in Buffalo. It conflicts with travel,
        so I won't be able to make this one, but this could be a neat trip.

        Greetings,

        Yeah, you're the big fish in your hometown homebrew pond. You're THE
        judge everyone listens to but how do you rate when the pond becomes
        an ocean? The 11th annual Amber Waves of Grain Homebrew Competition
        is looking for judges to help judge in excess of 400 entries on May
        18th and 19th 2007. A casual but exquisite "Brewer's Night Out"
        banquet is held the evening of the 19th. The competition is held in
        the Buffalo/ Niagara Falls area. Some private accommodations are
        available. So, mark your calendar, promise your significant other a
        romantic trip to the falls the day after the competition and swim on
        over even if you're a small fish looking to grow. We guarantee
        you'll have a good time.

        And if you can't join us but want to put your homebrew against some
        stiff competition, get it here and we'll put a big fish on it. For
        additional information go to www.awoghomebrew.com or contact Bill
        Koch at judge@.... We look forward to seeing you and
        thanks for the help.