Iron Kettle Challenge

  • tbor30
    Message 1 of 24 , May 2, 2006
      Rick,
      What time is the Iron Kettle Challenge starting?
    • brewstarr
      Message 2 of 24 , May 3, 2006
        The kits for the iron kettle challenge will be passed out at 9:00 AM
        Saturday morning. Last year most everyone was there betwee 8:30 and
        8:45 to unload equipment and stake our their brewing territory.

        The ingredients are all in and I have been constructing the kits.
        Because of price breaks on volumes, I have enough ingredients for 10
        kits. I believe that 8 are committed, so if anyone is still out there
        that wants to give it a try, we could accommodate another team or two.

        Because of volumes, I was able to keep the prices down and hold the
        kit fee at $25 per kit. Remember we will be grilling, so bring a side
        dish or desert.

        If any club member runs into someone interested in homebrewing or in
        the club, send them over on Saturday. This will be a great experience
        for the curious.

        Rick

        --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, "tbor30" <rschott@...> wrote:

        > Rick,
        > What time is the Iron Kettle Challenge starting?

      • Rob Schott
        Message 3 of 24 , May 4, 2006
          Rick,
          I need directions to your place.
          Thanks,
          Rob Schott

          brewstarr wrote:

          > The kits for the iron kettle challenge will be passed out at 9:00 AM
          > Saturday morning. Last year most everyone was there betwee 8:30 and
          > 8:45 to unload equipment and stake our their brewing territory.
          >
          > The ingredients are all in and I have been constructing the kits.
          > Because of price breaks on volumes, I have enough ingredients for 10
          > kits. I believe that 8 are committed, so if anyone is still out there
          > that wants to give it a try, we could accommodate another team or two.
          >
          > Because of volumes, I was able to keep the prices down and hold the
          > kit fee at $25 per kit. Remember we will be grilling, so bring a side
          > dish or desert.
          >
          > If any club member runs into someone interested in homebrewing or in
          > the club, send them over on Saturday. This will be a great experience
          > for the curious.
          >
          > Rick
          >
          > --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, "tbor30" <rschott@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Rick,
          > > What time is the Iron Kettle Challenge starting?

          > Homebrewing
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Homebrewing&w1=Homebrewing&w2=Columbus+ohio&w3=De+beers&w4=Beer+steins&w5=Homebrewing+kit&w6=Homebrewing+supplies&c=6&s=114&.sig=pE64tA3Hd_Iix9XUAZJ3Ag>
          > Columbus ohio
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Columbus+ohio&w1=Homebrewing&w2=Columbus+ohio&w3=De+beers&w4=Beer+steins&w5=Homebrewing+kit&w6=Homebrewing+supplies&c=6&s=114&.sig=RAK_q9aVqb3Hjw0oDcHgFQ>
          > De beers
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=De+beers&w1=Homebrewing&w2=Columbus+ohio&w3=De+beers&w4=Beer+steins&w5=Homebrewing+kit&w6=Homebrewing+supplies&c=6&s=114&.sig=u1-lP1YbH5tVCFZQybUkag>
          >
          > Beer steins
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Beer+steins&w1=Homebrewing&w2=Columbus+ohio&w3=De+beers&w4=Beer+steins&w5=Homebrewing+kit&w6=Homebrewing+supplies&c=6&s=114&.sig=QzIlcs_ZMv0NWFvf0kmJYw>
          > Homebrewing kit
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Homebrewing+kit&w1=Homebrewing&w2=Columbus+ohio&w3=De+beers&w4=Beer+steins&w5=Homebrewing+kit&w6=Homebrewing+supplies&c=6&s=114&.sig=BjOMq9xj7tgr0JzKzNuu7g>
          > Homebrewing supplies
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Homebrewing+supplies&w1=Homebrewing&w2=Columbus+ohio&w3=De+beers&w4=Beer+steins&w5=Homebrewing+kit&w6=Homebrewing+supplies&c=6&s=114&.sig=fzw7iEaO50-yYGEotN03rA>

        • Brian
          Message 4 of 24 , May 4, 2006
            Rick - I'm probably one of the few that has not been to your house yet. Can
            you provide your address so I can get directions online? Thanks, and see you
            Saturday morning.

            Brian

            > The kits for the iron kettle challenge will be passed out at 9:00 AM
            > Saturday morning. Last year most everyone was there betwee 8:30 and
            > 8:45 to unload equipment and stake our their brewing territory.
            >
            > The ingredients are all in and I have been constructing the kits.
            > Because of price breaks on volumes, I have enough ingredients for 10
            > kits. I believe that 8 are committed, so if anyone is still out there
            > that wants to give it a try, we could accommodate another team or two.
            >
            > Because of volumes, I was able to keep the prices down and hold the
            > kit fee at $25 per kit. Remember we will be grilling, so bring a side
            > dish or desert.
            >
            > If any club member runs into someone interested in homebrewing or in
            > the club, send them over on Saturday. This will be a great experience
            > for the curious.
            >
            > Rick
            >
            > --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, "tbor30" <rschott@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Rick,
            >> What time is the Iron Kettle Challenge starting?
            >>

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • brewstarr
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 10, 2006
              I have gotten the entry from Bob and exchanged e-mails with a few
              others. I need to have all the entries for the IKC early this week. I
              head out of town on Wednesday and don't get back until late Friday
              night. I'm hoping to get the judging session set for next weekend.
              Please contact me to arrange to drop off your entries.

              Rick
            • Mike Heilman
              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 10, 2006
                Rick, I'll bring my entry over next weekend. Let me know when the
                judging is set. Thnaks, Mike

                --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, "brewstarr" <rdeshone@...> wrote:

                > I have gotten the entry from Bob and exchanged e-mails with a few
                > others. I need to have all the entries for the IKC early this week.
                > head out of town on Wednesday and don't get back until late Friday
                > night. I'm hoping to get the judging session set for next weekend.
                > Please contact me to arrange to drop off your entries.
                >
                > Rick

              • Justin Mulholland
                Message 7 of 24 , Sep 11, 2006
                  Rick,
                  We need to get our IKC entry to you. Can I drop it off tomorrow sometime?

                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 12, 2006
                    Mike,

                    Can I drop off my entry to you at work and have you take it to Rick's since he's right by your house? Let me know if that would be OK.

                    Thanks,
                    Brian

                    Message 9 of 24 , Sep 13, 2006
                      Be glad too. Not a problem at all. Make up an extra bottle for me ;-D

                      --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Seevers" <Arkenity@...> wrote:

                      > Mike,
                      >
                      > Can I drop off my entry to you at work and have you take it to
                      Rick's since
                      > he's right by your house? Let me know if that would be OK.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > Brian
                      >

                      > On 9/11/06, Justin Mulholland <jmulholland@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Rick,
                      > > We need to get our IKC entry to you. Can I drop it off tomorrow
                      sometime?

                    • brewstarr
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 13, 2007
                        I need to get a count of teams for the Iron Kettle. Our date is
                        Saturday, June 9th. Location is at my house in Dublin. Start time is
                        9:00 AM.

                        This is a fun event to do in teams - 2 or more brewers, or a brewer
                        and someone who has shown interest in homebrewing. Each team will be
                        given the same ingredients kit to review, decide on a style, formulate
                        a recipe, and brew the beer. The kits are designed around a 5 gallon
                        batch, but there is no rule that holds you to that. If you let me know
                        ahead of time, a team can get 2 kits, so the 2 brewers can each take 5
                        gallons home to ferment.

                        In addition to brewing, there is plenty of kabitzing and always beer
                        to be drunk. We will fire up the grill, and everyone is encouraged to
                        bring a side dish or munchies. I believe we had 6 kettles going last
                        year, we should be able to top that this year.

                        Let me know if you plan to brew or just hang out so that I can get the
                        kits together and plan for food & such.

                        Rick
                      • Justin Mulholland

                          Message 12 of 24 , May 13, 2007
                            Justin,

                            Good! We are off and running. I've been trying to size up my garage
                            with the good weather today to see what I have to accomplish to pull
                            this off by June 9th.

                            Rick

                            --- In SODZ@yahoogroups.com, "Justin Mulholland" <jmulholland@...>
                            wrote:

                            > Rick,
                            > I would like to enter a team to brew. I have to redeem myself.
                            I'll let
                            > you know who my teammate is once I find one.
                            Behalf Of
                            > brewstarr
                            > Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2007 11:30 AM
                            > To: SODZ@yahoogroups.com
                            > Subject: [SODZ] Iron Kettle Challenge
                            >

                            > I need to get a count of teams for the Iron Kettle. Our date is
                            > Saturday, June 9th. Location is at my house in Dublin. Start
                            time is
                            > 9:00 AM.
                            >
                            > This is a fun event to do in teams - 2 or more brewers, or a
                            brewer
                            > and someone who has shown interest in homebrewing. Each team
                            will be
                            > given the same ingredients kit to review, decide on a style,
                            formulate
                            > a recipe, and brew the beer. The kits are designed around a 5
                            gallon
                            > batch, but there is no rule that holds you to that. If you let
                            me know
                            > ahead of time, a team can get 2 kits, so the 2 brewers can each
                            take 5
                            > gallons home to ferment.
                            >
                            > In addition to brewing, there is plenty of kabitzing and always
                            beer
                            > to be drunk. We will fire up the grill, and everyone is
                            encouraged to
                            > bring a side dish or munchies. I believe we had 6 kettles going
                            last
                            > year, we should be able to top that this year.
                            >
                            > Let me know if you plan to brew or just hang out so that I can
                            get the
                            > kits together and plan for food & such.
                            >
                            > Rick

                          • Justin Mulholland
                            Message 13 of 24 , May 13, 2007
                              I'll be brewing with Joe VanOsterain.

                              wrote:

                              > Rick,
                              > I would like to enter a team to brew. I have to redeem myself.
                              I'll let
                              > you know who my teammate is once I find one.

                            • Bonni Katona
                              Message 14 of 24 , May 14, 2007
                                Rick,

                                I will be brewing a beer with my brother, Tim.

                                Bonni

                                At 11:30 AM 5/13/2007, you wrote:

                                >I need to get a count of teams for the Iron Kettle. Our date is
                                >Saturday, June 9th. Location is at my house in Dublin. Start time is
                                >9:00 AM.
                              • dan.france
                                Message 15 of 24 , May 16, 2007
                                  Victor Gonzales and I are planning to brew, looking forward to it.

                                  THANKS!
                                  -Dan France
                                • mattcrillpt
                                  Message 16 of 24 , May 16, 2007
                                    I'm willing to brew but I would definitely classify as a "less
                                    experienced" brewer. So if there are other more experienced brewers
                                    looking for a hard working team member, let me know.

                                    Thanks,

                                    Matt