Re: Mother of God?

  • DANIEL BABU PAUL
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8 5:33 AM
      That the body and blood of Jesus which we are nourished with is taken from
      Mary is clear in our tradition. In the prayers of Good Friday there is a
      verse which says that He ascended the Cross with body and blood received
      from Mariam. When we think of the Holy Eucharist we often miss two vital
      elements. I myself was guided to this only after I began to concentrate my
      spiritual life around the Holy Eucharist. The first is that it is Mary who
      gave the Incarnate God all the 46 chromosomes as against 23+ 23 from father
      and mother as in normal human beings. This is why the Syriac Creed clearly
      says that Jesus was born of Mary and of Holy Spirit, not "from Mary BY THE
      Holy Spirit" as wrongly translated sometimes in Malayalam. PARISUDHA RUHAYIL
      NINNUM DAIVAMATHAVAYA KANYAKAMARIAMIL NINNUM and NOT repeat NOT "parisudha
      ruhayal daivamathavil ninnu". The second point is that we are partaking in
      the body which was tortured and blood which was spilt. Once these
      realisations come, it has been my experience, the Holy Quorbono assumes much
      greater significance than before. Each HQ is a new experience; no
      repetitiveness anymore.
      TOTUS TUUS MARIA