Re: Praying for passed away non Christians Parents

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2007
      Good Question.

      Should be able to. We can pray for anyone. The idea here is
      God will listen to the prayers and supplications of His dear ones
      for others.

      The usual quoted examples are
      1) Job ( for his friends )
      2) Moses ( for his people)
      3) Martha and Mary ( for Lazer)
      4) The friends of the crippled man
      5) senturian for his servant etc

      This is the same reason we pray to Saint Mary or Parumala
      thirumeni etc.

      Regards
      Paul

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Issac K Joseph wrote:

      > Dear List
      >
      > If a non Christian converted to Syriac Orthodox Church and his non
      Christian parents passed away from this world, can he pray for the
      souls of his parents or can he ask to remember his parents name in
      the Holy Liturgy.