The Power of One Hail Mary

  • Aji Thomas David
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7 6:20 AM
      HAIL, MARY, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed art
      thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
      HOLY MARY, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the
      hour of our death. Amen.

      Many us often say the Hail Mary. Some repeat it hastily not even
      thinking on the words they are saying. These following words may
      help some say it more thoughtfully.

      They can give God's Mother great joy and obtain for themselves graces
      that she wishes to give them.

      One Hail Mary well said fills the heart of Our Mother with delight
      and obtains for us indescribably great graces. One Hail Mary well
      said gives us more graces than a thousand thoughtlessly said.

      The Hail Mary is like a mine of gold that we can always take from but
      never exhaust. Is it hard to say the Hail Mary well? All we have to do
      is to know its value and understand its meaning.

      St. Jerome tells us that "the truths contained in the Hail Mary are so
      sublime, so wonderful that no man or Angel could fully understand them."

      Almighty God gave His Blessed Mother all the dignity, greatness and holiness
      necessary to make her His own most perfect Mother. But He also gave her all
      the sweetness, love, tenderness and affection necessary to make her our most
      loving Mother. Mary is truly and really our Mother.

      As children when in trouble run to their mothers for help, so ought we to
      run at once with unbounded confidence to Mary.

      Many Saints said that it was never, never heard at any time or in any place
      that Mary refused to hear the prayers of her children on earth. Why do we not
      realize this most consoling truth? Why refuse the love and consolation that
      God's Sweet Mother is offering us?

      Is it our lamentable ignorance which deprives us of such help and consolation.
      To love and trust Mary is to be happy on earth now and afterwards to be happy
      in Heaven.

      A priest was called to the bedside of a man who was dying in despair because
      of his sins. Yet he refused obstinately to go to confession. As a last
      recourse the priest asked him to say at least the Hail Mary after which the
      poor man made a sincere confession and died a holy death.

      St. Gertrude tells us in her book, "Revelations" that when we thank God for
      the graces He has given to any Saint, we get a great share of those
      particular graces.

      What graces, then, do we not receive when we say the Hail Mary while
      thanking God for all the unspeakable graces He has given His Blessed Mother?

      Yeldo Mortho Mariyam, pray for us
      Aji Thomas David