Mother of God? Part 2

  • Forum Moderator
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6 6:55 AM
      From the second century onwards Church fathers had in no uncertain
      terms held that Christ, born from holy Virgin Mariam, assumed a body
      formed of the substance of her human essence.

      And was incarnate of the Holy Virgin Mary Mother of God, by the Holy
      Ghost and became man;Â….. (Nicene Creed)

      St. Ephraim (306-373)

      Called the Lyre of Holy Spirit, sang, "In the womb of Mary, the
      infant was formed, Who from eternity is equal to the Father. He
      imparted to us His greatness and took on our infirmity. He became
      mortal like us and joined His life to ours so that we might die no
      more. (Ibd, Vol: II, Para 711, P: 312)

      St. Cyril of Jerusalem (315-386)

      Believe that this only begotten Son of God came down from heaven and
      took humanity of like condition to ours and was born of the Holy
      Virgin and of the Holy Spirit; and was made man, not in appearance or
      phantasy, but in truthÂ… was truly made flesh of her. (Ibd, Vol. I,
      Para 817 P:350)

      To be continued..