Catholicos of the East and His People: Book from 1892

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 3367 , Mar 8, 2007
      Dear Friends,

      There is a book "Catholicos of the East and His People". It was first
      published in London in 1892, long before 1912 Catholicate establishment in 1912. This book is written by Arthur J. Maclean and William H. Browne, two Anglicans who served in Persia for five years in the Archbishop of Canterbury's Assyrian Mission.

      Even though this book is written about the Nestorian , Church of the
      East, it is interesting to see what they have to say about the Church
      of the East, the Catholicate of the East and its relationship to the
      Church of Antioch.

      I have added the coverpage of the book and page 4 of the book to the
      following website.

      http://mathewgm.googlepages.com/catholicose

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M