You Are Strong In The Lord

  • Saju C. Varghese
    Message 1 of 3394 , Mar 8, 2007
      Greetings!

      You Are Strong In The Lord - [A Bible Devotion]

      EPHESIANS 6:10
      10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

      No one can successfully argue against the statement, "You are strong in the Lord." It is a given that if you are in the Lord, you are strong. Nothing that is "in the Lord" could be weak.

      So the only real question is whether you are "in the Lord."

      I JOHN 5:20
      20 And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding, in order that we might know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

      2 CORINTHIANS 5:17
      17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

      The choice is yours. You choose whether to accept Christ and thus be identified as "in Him." God does not force this, you must choose.

      EPHESIANS 2:8-10
      8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
      9 not as a result of works, that no one should boast.
      10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

      From Ephesians 2:8-10 we can see that when we are saved through faith, we are created anew IN Christ Jesus. That is our position. So, anyone and everyone who has received Jesus Christ can be said to be legally "in Him" according to the Scripture.

      Always remember that your strength is not in your own ability or resources, but your strength is in the Lord. Depend on Him. He will never fail you. (He probably will test your patience and maybe even let the situation look hopeless, but He will not ever fail you.)

      PSALM 27:1
      1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

      HEBREWS 13:5-6
      5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
      6 So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

      PSALM 28:8
      8 The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

      Saju C.Varghese
      St. Peters Cathedral
      New Delhi-1

    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com