Re: IOC needs to Look in the Mirror

  • Robin J. Mani
    Message 1 of 3364 , Mar 7, 2007
      Dear Honorable Members,

      While reading the forum the past few weeks I had thought of some of
      the contradictions of IOC His-storians. Let me take a moment to
      commend Dr. Babu Paul Sir on his recent posts. I truly believe he is
      a role model for our younger Syrian Christians. He is a man of great
      principal and morals, who I believe has great vision for the Holy
      Church.

      Dr. Babu Paul Sir had brought up the fact about the IOC complaining
      about the usage of Catholicos by the Reeth Catholics and even
      criticized HB Thomas I Bava. I thought of the fact when the IOC His-
      storians were promoting the idea of renaming their IOC head as
      Patriarch of India. I even saw several instances when the IOC
      Catholicos came to America, it was reported to newspapers he was
      Patriarch of India. What a contradiction! The IOC is always
      declaring that canonically the title Catholicos can not be used by
      the Catholic Churches, yet they have no problem declaring their
      Catholicos as Patriarch even though that is also un-canonical. The
      head of the Syrian church of the east has always assumed the title
      Catholicos and the Nestorians only declared their head a Catholicos-
      Patriarch after they spilt from the One Holy Catholic (universal)
      Church. Yet if we can learn anything from the IOC, it is the fact
      that they believe they do no wrong, they are always right, and they
      always have a defense and reason for everything they.

      I also thought of the time when the IOC His-storians were
      propagandizing ideas of how the HH Patriarch Bava divided and ruled.
      The Malankara Church was divided into different sections:
      Patriarchal Churches, Evangelical Association, etc. Never did they
      look in the mirror and see that the reason was to protect the
      Churches from being taken away by the IOC leadership. It was an
      effect of over 100 years of persecution by the IOC towards those who
      remained loyal to the Holy Patriarch. Yet when did we hear about the
      situation that the American Dioceses was in for about 20 years, the
      power struggle between bishops; dividing the diocese between two
      Bishops. Why was that not seen as ghastly thing? But mind you the
      Syrian Church is the "Faction without Principles and scruples,"

      Your Servant in Christ,
      Robin J. Mani
      2364
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com