St. Gregorios Church, Dublin, Ireland Celebrated Feast of St. Ignatius Elias III

  • Fr. Joby Skaria
    Message 1 of 3396 , Mar 6, 2007
      St. Gregorios Syrian Orthodox Church Celebrated the Feast of St.
      Ignatius Elias III of Blessed memory and Sunday School anniversary
      on 25th February 2007. The celebrations began at 10. 30 when the
      parishioners recieved H. E. Dr. Kuriakose Mor Theophilose Archbishop
      of Europe, UAE and Resident Metropolitan of Malankara Syrian
      Orthodox Theological Seminary in front of the Church. After the Flag
      hosting ceremony at 10.45, Mor Theophilose celebrated Holy Qurbono.

      Mor Theophilose presided over the public meeting and Sunday School
      anniversary celebrations. He exhorted the Syrian Orthodox Christians
      in Ireland of their duties toward Ireland. He asked them to actively
      participate in the main stream of Irish life with a Christian vision
      and mission. He reminded them of the rich Irish heritage and
      Christian past. He also thanked Archbishop Dr. Diurmurt Martin of
      Dublin Archdiocese for His concern and care toward Syrian Orthdox
      Christians in Ireland. As a leading figure between Oriental Orthodox
      and Catholic ecumenical dialogue, he expressed his concerns towards
      Church unity and ecumenical dialougues.

      Lord Mayor of Dublin, Vincent Jackson, inaugurated the public
      meeting and published the parish directory by handing over a copy of
      the same to Mor Theophilose. The Lord Mayor congratulated the Sunday
      school children for actively co operating with the mainstream of
      Church life and instructed them to continue their mission in
      witnessing Christ through actively participating in the mission of
      Church. He also appreciated the strength of indian family life.

      More than two hundred people living in and around Dublin
      participated in the festival. Rev. Fr. Joby Skaria, Rev. Fr. Babu
      alias, Mr. Eldose T J, Mr. Baiju, Laiju and Jobis lead the
      celebrations.

      Fr. Joby Skaria
      Dublin
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com