Mother of God? Part 1

  • SOCM-Moderator
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2002
      From the second century onwards Church fathers had in no uncertain
      terms held that Christ, born from holy Virgin Mariam, assumed a body
      formed of the substance of her human essence.

      And was incarnate of the Holy Virgin Mary Mother of God, by the Holy
      Ghost and became man;….. (Nicene Creed)

      Tertullian (155-240)

      This word is called His Son.. he was brought down from the spirit and
      power of God, the Father, in the Virgin Mary and was made flesh in
      her womb and having been born from her came forth as Jesus Christ
      (Ibid, Vol: I Para 290 P:120)

      Let this be said to all those who do not think that our flesh was in
      Christ because He was not received through the seed of man-let them
      remember that Adam himself was made of this flesh without the seed of
      a man. As the earth was converted into the flesh without the seed of
      man, so also was the Word of God able to pass into the material of
      flesh without the agency of the seed. (Ibid,Vol: I Para 355 P: 147)

      To be continued