Re:Who will bell the Cat? One soul is bemoaning....

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 1469 , Feb 17, 2007
      Greetings to all

      It was good to see atleast some souls of IOC talking something positive through his message ( M.P.Syriakutty-Kuwait). Always it was the SOC at the receiving end and sacrificing the material world. Parumala Churh, Puthuppally church, Chirathalattu churh, etc are only a few in my memory. IOC even tried to forcibly take over our Manarcadu Church a couple of years back. So long as we the SOC believe and understand the sacrifices and love of our Valiya Thirumeni, none of the SOC member will want to give away the sacred Tombs which are so pathetically maintained, at any cost for which the prayers and peaceful actions will defenitely help us one day.

      One thing which had struck me recently was when I was looking for a Biography of Parumala Thirumeni – it was not available in Parumala church nor in any of the IOC book stalls (may be the IOC management is afraid if their faithful understand the true history and life of Kochu Thirumeni and turn against and question that why they were always mislead?). I did find it in Manjanikkara written by our beloved Kanianparambil Achen. Its high time that more emphasis should be given by our beloved fathers in each parish to educate and publicize the good works from Mor Adai Study centre and to help all the SOC to understand our forefathers and our belief in true spirit and trust by promoting the sale of all the biographies of our great fathers.

      Requesting prayers
      Your brother in christ
      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      St. George Syrian Orthodox Church Kuwait
      Member ID # 2908
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators