Re: Nazraani Orthodox Church

  • Rev. Fr. Mathew C. Chacko
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2007
      Mar George Theckedath was a Malankara Catholic priest. He was ordained to priesthood by the Late Archbishop Ivanios. He later married and came to Canada. He was living in Canada. Probably he still lives there and visits Kerala. I know he has a Church building in Kottarakkara. He believes that our community is Nazranis of Kerala. So he calls his "group" Nazrani Orthodox! He was made a bishop by one of the [extra] canonical groups.

      I wrote this to correct the wrong impression some one expressed here.

      HE WAS NEVER A PRIEST IN THE MALANKARA ORTHODOX CHURCH.

      Fr. Mathew C. Chacko
      www.njorthodoxchurch.org