Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Salvation

  • John Zachariah
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 24 9:15 PM
      Salvation
      Read Romans10;9
      For if you tell others with your own mouth that Jesus
      Christ is your Lord and believe in your own heart that
      GOD has raised from the dead, you will be saved.
      Read Acts 16:31
      Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, and
      your entire house hold.
      Wish you good luck
      John Zachariah
    • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 9, 2002
        Dear in our Lord,
        I read the many letters posted in this site upholding the values of
        christian witnessing in our society. All will agree that this is a shame on
        all Christians but nobody is willing to to be patient and prudent.
        The recent problems are created on the basis of the finding of the supreme
        court that the election at the Parumala meeting was acceptable. This is in
        continuation to the finding of the Kerala High Court in the execution
        petition 2000 that the claim of the Catholicose faction that " the Malankara
        Metropolitanship of Mathews 11 Catholicose was accepted by the SC in 1995
        Judgement " was untenable. The above claim was grounded by the verdict of
        the SC to conduct an election under an observor to find whether he had the
        mandate of the people. This direction itself proves that the former claim
        was baseless.

        Now their claim that the SC has given Mathews 11 Catholicose all the
        privileges to enter any of the parish churches is meaningless.
        It is the age old tradtion of the Malankara Church that Any spiritual head
        should be invited by the parish through its vicar for a visit. This right
        itself is the core of all the privileges enjoyed by the parishes. Moreover
        it is the most inappropriate move from a spiritual leader to seek the police
        protection to enter a church agaist the wish of its members. Here all
        propriety of the meaning of the term 'Bava' (beloved father) is lost.
        Keeping aside all the legal claims and interpretations of the findings from
        the courts, I will say it is against all the norms of the human
        relationships.

        The most tragic part of the recent move is the after effects of the HATE
        CAMPAIGN that is taking place in various places. This will release the anti
        social and politicised elements in the community to utilise the oppertunity
        to win their game at the expense of the church and the bible. The stand of
        an uncontented UDF leader is the best example . He is using this oppertunity
        to spit scandalous words agaist his rivals.

        The media coverage for this unhappy episode also will at the end be agaist
        the goodwill of the Christian works in the society.

        Finally, the legal part should start again from the Additional District
        Court of Ernakulam,Commonly known as the 'PALLY KODATHI'.This was suggested
        by the HC recently that the Catholicose side can move an execution petition
        intead of seeking police protection from the court and the government. There
        is a pending execution petition filed as per the direction of the Division
        Bench of the Kerala High Court in 2000. The Judgement of the Supreme Court
        in 1995 should be implemented in its tatality and the implemenation is not
        only the authority of the Malankara Metropolitan but other points like (1)
        the spiritual supremacy of the Patriarch of Antioch, (2)The rights of the
        parish churches, (3)The extent of meaning of the Throne of St. Thomas,(4)
        The autocephaly of the Malankara Church! as it was claimed by the
        Catholicose group,(5)Can the Catholicose group withdraw the acceptance of
        the spiritual supreme of the church?, etc. are also dealt there. (If the
        Catholicose group has any right to withdraw the relations with the Patriarch
        why not the parishes too have that right to keep away from the faction
        headed by the same Catholicose?)

        The implementing should cover all the above points.
        If someone of acceptance will come forward and find these facts and try to
        make a converging point I am sure there will be meaningful peace in the
        church.
        God bless us.
        Kuriakose Corepicopa Moolayil