SOCM Family Conference 2007

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 3351 , Dec 13, 2006
      SOCM Family Conference 2007

      Dear Members,
      Barakmore / Shlomo

      While praising God Almighty for his abundant blessings showered upon us, we once again thank you all for your continued support extended to us for the betterment of the Forum and its related activities. With your support only, the Forum celebrated its 6th birthday in November 2006.

      In order to strengthen our mutual relationship, we are planning to conduct a 'SOCM Family Conference' in 2007. The idea of this conference is to have an informal public meeting with our members and moderators, at a centrally located place in Kerala, in order to advance the present close-nit relationship. It will be an ideal meeting for brain-storming the present and future activities of SOCM-Forum and its subsidiaries.

      As you are aware, our members are dispersed universally and hence an earlier intimation of this type of conference is required for them to plan their attendance. Considering various aspects, we have decided to conduct this conference on 11th AUGUST 2007 (Second Saturday of the month) at Puthencruz Patriarchal Centre. It will be a half-day programme, starting at 9 A.M. with Holy Qurbana, public meeting and interactions thereafter.

      More details of the programme will be announced later.

      It is our earnest desire to have all our members attend this conference to know each other personally. We all selflessly work for the glorification of God Almighty and HIS visible body on earth, the Church. Hence, turning the present 'e-mail friendship' to a personal level, will always add an extra milestone in our journey to achieve the goal. We sincerely invite each one of you with your family to attend this 'family get-together' and hence request you to plan your vacation accordingly.

      The success of this programme depends on its effective arrangement. As you are aware, in order to arrange the venue, refreshments and logistic support, we need to know how many participants will be attending the event. Hence, we request you to inform us in advance your presence, in a format as shown
      below:

      1- Name :
      2- Member Id, if any:
      3- Your Present Parish:
      4- Your present place of Residence:
      5- I will be attending / I will not be attending the conference.
      6- If attending:

      (a) I will come with my family (Adults:....Nos, Children (under 12 years): ..... Nos.) (Children above 12 years to be counted as an adult)
      (b) I will be attending as single.

      7- If attending with family, can your children perform any cultural
      events?? YES/NO
      8- If Yes, what item/items (song, dance etc.)can be performed by them? (List the items they can perform. However, the final decision on the item will be upto the moderators and they will inform you at the earliest, to prepare in advance).

      All correspondence regarding the 'Family Conference 2007' should be
      addressed only to: SOCMCONFERENCE07@... or SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Be with us and be part of us.
      Yours in HIS Service.
      SOCM-Forum Moderators.