Christian - Muslim Debate in 12th Century – Part 20 of 20

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 1469 , Dec 10, 2006
      Christian - Muslim Debate in 12th Century – Part 20 of 20

      Moslem: We see, anyway, that you honor your religion and pretend
      that it is the true religion, furnishing testimonies and proofs, as
      if you were a worshipper and imitating AL-RASHEED. Anyway, you think
      that your faith is the true one.

      Monk: I can furnish proofs to attest my religion from your Book. Now
      furnish anything which supports your religion.

      Moslem: he heaven, the earth, and peoples testify to my faith and my
      Book proving there prevalence and that God inspired Mohammed light
      and guidance.

      Monk: Our Lord Christ said, "If I testify for myself, my testimony
      will not be accepted. But another will testify for me." And I see
      that you testify about yourself. So your testimony is rejected.
      Regarding what your pretended that the heaven, earth, the angels,
      and the peoples testify for you. Could you ascertain that with
      proofs from heaven's Book, or earth's Book, or angels' Book, or
      people's Book? I know that you are unable to do so.

      Moslem: Do not be proud of your religion, O Monk. Be aware that you
      are not a unique person who is proud of his religion. Everybody
      pretends that his religion is the truth.

      Monk: You are right, O Moslem, when you say that each religion is
      confirmed by that one who confirms it and defends it. But the main
      religions are four: Sabianism, Judaism, Islam, and Christianity.
      Which of them in your opinion is the true one established by God?

      Moslem: I don't know.

      Monk: If you do not know then let us leave all religions and revert
      to our reason, fulfilling a norm as do judges and governors. Let the
      norm and the reason he judges to decide.

      Princes: By the tomb of my father the monk is right.

      Monk: Don't you know that in the beginning, God said, "Let us create
      a man like our image." Saying: like our image means the capacity,
      the power, and the control, with the same willingness and choice, to
      give a parable and explanation, as does the man when he approaches
      his image which is the picture on the wall. You identify him as
      identical the closer he is to the picture. If the man is similar to
      God in image and if God created the man and gave him a norm and
      imagination, those norms and legislation should be suitable to his
      nature, his original and his hypothesis, as a means of approachment.
      For example: if you have a child or a servant and your nature is
      compassionate, will you order him to be cruel? And if your are a
      just man will you order him to be a tyrant? If your are generous do
      you want him to be avaricious? If you are chaste do you want him to
      be adulterous? If you are a right man will you want him to be bad
      and an irritant? Don't you want him to follow your qualities?

      All present people: Quite right.

      Notes

      This is none other than the famous Muslim king who defeated the
      Crusaders of the Third Crusade whom we know in the west as Saladin
      the Great. In his name we have recorded here we see Ayyub who was
      the governor of Balbek under Zang then under Nor-ud-din of Damascus.
      It seems that Saladin is about 27 years old at this time. Leo II
      (1185-1219) Repelled sultans against attacks on Allepo. He was
      called "Magnificent" and applied European law and made alliances
      with crusaders. The monastery was probably one which was built by
      one of the disciples of Marcion in the late 4th century in the
      region of northern Syria.

      Source: RuHoSuryoyo.org (C) 2003-2004
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators