Christian - Muslim Debate in 12th Century – Part 15 of 20

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 1469 , Nov 28, 2006
      Christian - Muslim Debate in 12th Century � Part 15 of 20

      Monk: If the musk, that is the created material, has this kind of fragrance, how much more explicitly God and his divine Wisdom and his creative Spirit if he chose a domicile and inhabited it in view of management and planning.

      Moslem: You are right, O Monk, but you didn�t give us a clear answer. We asked you about your worship to the Christ and our kneeling to God and the human.

      Monk: Christ our Lord said to his disciple, "It has been given to you to know the secrets of God�s Kingdom. But the others should understand these parables" He means Jews and

      Gentiles. Because the parable helps the dark minds to understand. I say that one person was highly appreciated by the King who gave him the highest rank. Later, the King got irritated against him die to his transgression of the King�s orders. The King cast him faraway a first, then sentenced him to death and put him in jail for a while. The servant remained in prison as an object of anger. Then the King remembered him and knew how much patience and distress he endured. He took pity in him and wrote a letter concerning him, in which he said, "We forgive so-and-so and pardoned his transgressions.
      Send him back to us in order to give him the highest rank with us. He signed, sealed and sent the letter to the servant. After knowing the contents of that letter, how much did that servant love that letter? What do you think about the love paid by the servant to the letter and the seal?

      Moslem: The letter should be considered very highly and the servant must put it on his eyes and head.

      Monk: Why, O Moslem? If that paper has the power to save the servant with the word of the King written on it, why do you order the servant to give honor and tribute to that letter?

      Moslem: Due to the word and grace of the King.

      Monk: Did that letter save the servants and release him from his distress?

      Moslem: Yes, following the King�s words��

      Monk: When the servant will meet the King, what do you suggest him to do as an act of deference towards his Lord who favored him?

      Moslem: to kneel twice and kiss his hands and legs.

      Monk: Look how you ordered the man to kiss the ground, the hands, and the legs. But you have to know that neither the hands, nor the legs, are what graced the servant, but the word and mouth of the King.

      Moslem: Don�t you know, O Monk, that kneeling to him and honoring him is reaching his body, his Spirit, and his Word altogether?

      Monk: You are right RASHEED. As we kneel to the silk brocade when the king wears it. But when it is away from him no one kneels to it. So are our beliefs, we Christians, that there are two natures and two wills in Christ: a divine nature and a human nature. We kneel to them together with preponderance of one for another without mixture nor separation. If you choose to be convinced , do so according to the evidences and demonstrations given from your Book and your Prophets, as God put in each human a speaking spirit to distinguish between the lie and the truth. If you have another question, I am ready to answer for I prepared and answer to every question.

      Moslem: We disapprove, O Monk, what you say that Christ is the Son of the God. We mentioned, among what has been inspired by our Prophet, Mohammed. His word says, "God is unique. He is everlasting. He has not given birth to a child nor has been born one equal to him."

      Monk: God said in your Koran, "If God would like to have a child, He would choose him among Adam�s children." Then why do you disapprove that God has chosen his Word and Spirit and called them Son?" But Mohammed your Prophet, knowing the weakness of your mind and your misunderstanding, to not imagine a human creation in God, as we mentioned, told you, "Say God is unique, God is everlasting. He has not given birth to a child nor has been born." Tell me, O Moslem, the word going out of the human mouth isn�t it born from his mind?

      Moslem: Yes it is.

      Contd.....
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators