Christian - Muslim Debate in 12th Century – Part 13 of 20

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 1469 , Nov 28, 2006
      Christian - Muslim Debate in 12th Century � Part 13 of 20

      AL-MURSHED: You will watch his defeat today, O Prince. O Monk, do you not
      confess that Christ is a God and a man at the same time?

      Monk: Yes I do.

      Moslem: Whom of them do you worship, the God or the man, or both together?

      Monk: Be informed, O Murshed, that the speech requires a listener, a
      convincer, and a convinced one.

      Moslem: I am one of those who hear, convince, and is able to be convinced .

      Monk: If you were as you said, there is need to questions and answers
      because your Book, and your Prophet are witnesses on the righteousness of my
      religion. But you rose today as adversary. The problem is the fact of being
      witness and adversary at the same time.

      Moslem: Who is your witness? Who can ascertain the righteousness of your
      religion?

      Monk: You, your Prophet, and your Book.

      Moslem: How?

      Monk: Your Prophet says in the chapter of Al-Quran, "Among the people of the
      Book, there are righteous people who stand up reciting the words of God, day
      and night, and believe in God and in the Day of Judgement. They practice
      fairness and forbid bad manners. Those are the just people and their light
      is above all lights." He says also, "We inspired the Koran as a light and a
      guidance, confirming what they have in hand from the Bible and the Gospel."
      He said also, "Our God and yours is the same one." And he said, "You will
      find that the people closest to you are those who call themselves
      Christians. For there is among them priests and Monks and they are not
      disdainful. They are good people who recite the verses of God and are guided
      in right and certitude." In Al-Quran�s chapter he says, "Christ is the Word
      of God and his Spirit. He gave it to Mary." And, "Jesus, son of Mary, I will
      let you die, then I will lift you up to me and make those who believe you
      higher than those who denied you and you are the judge of both worlds."

      Aren�t your Book and your Prophet who testifies for us and much more that
      Christ in heaven is over all prophets and messengers? If you do not believe
      your Prophet and your Book, who are you then? Neither Moslem nor Christian.

      Moslem: I believe all the contents of the Koran for God inspired it. Believe
      also all what you have mentioned about Jesus.

      Contd�
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators