Christian - Muslim Debate in 12th Century – Part 8 of 20

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 3366 , Nov 22, 2006
      Christian - Muslim Debate in 12th Century � Part 8 of 20

      Moslem: Woe to you, uncircumcised! Zeid had asked him to take her and swore that she was unlawful for him.

      Monk: He had to, otherwise he would have the same destiny as others.

      Moslem: What happened to them?

      Monk: Did you not hear about the Bedouin killed by your Prophet while on his bed even though God forbids killing, even the birds in their nests. When asked by his followers, "Who killed the slave?" Mohammed replied, "My sword."

      Moslem: If you find some faults in the life of Mohammed to blame him for, you must confess that he had the biggest and most important honor and the greatest credit with God for what he did for Ishmael�s descendants.

      Monk: He guided you according to his will and not as God would desire. Mohammed did not ignore you because he was far from the truth and the right way saying, I do not know what happens to me and to you. Are we in the light or in the dark?" He also said, Fear God as hard as you can, maybe you will succeed." And he assigned that in each prayer you request to be guided to the right way saying, "Guide us to the right way." So if you are right then you do not need to ask for righteousness because he who is in the right way does not need to be guided to it unless he asks God for help. But let us forget what we said. Here is an example about this. Suppose, O Prince that I left your presence in search of a land without leaving the road leading to the far land. I will not need guidance but only help to reach the far land.

      Contd....
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3366 of 3366 , Jul 1 5:33 AM
        Dear honorable members