English translation of "MADOPADESHASARAANGAL"

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 3369 , Oct 12 12:14 PM
      English translation of "MADOPADESHASARAANGAL"

      Dear All in Christ

      Barakmore / Shlomo

      "SOCMNet" and "Mor Adai Study Center" is now jointly working on publishing the English translation and detailed commentary of "MADOPADESHASARAANGAL" (The faith and creed of Malankara Nazranis)from its original text. This was composed in Malayalam by the great Syriac scholar of the 20th century of the united Malankara Church, Vattasseril Geevarghese Malpan (later Vattasseril Geevarghese Mar Divannasios) from the works of the Maphryono Mor Gregorios Bar `Ebroyo such as Mnorath Qudshe, Zalge, and the Hudayo Canon and works of other Syriac Fathers.

      The translation task was undertaken by Prof. O.M Mathew Oruvattithara, M.A.; LL.B; M.A.(R.Sc.), Retired Professor of Baselios College, Kottayam, and a well-known scholar. The book will be officially released on 26 December 2006.

      Our aim is to bring the true faith of our Malankara church, upholded by the forefathers, to the general public, especially to the second generation English speaking malayalees of our Church.

      To reserve the pre-publication copies, you may contact the following, as per your convenience.

      1- Those who are in India:

      Mr. Bibby Abraham
      Mor Athanasius Research Center
      Kadavumbhagom Buildings
      Pulickal Kavala P.O
      Kottayam - 686515
      Phone: +91 481 / 2458198 / 2456498
      Cell. + 91 944 692 1775

      2- Those who are in USA & Canada, may contact:

      Very Rev. Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
      1995 Parkside Dr. #2N
      Park Ridge, IL 60068-1060
      Phone: +1 847 635 4795
      Cell. + 1 224 522 2656

      3- Those who are in Europe:

      Rev. Fr. Dr. Biji Chirathilattu
      St. Mary's Syrian Orthodox Congregation Vienna
      Hippgasse 25/2,
      A-1160 Vienna,
      Austria .
      Phone + 431-9901975
      Cell + 431 6991-2741799
      Email: bijiachan@...

      4- Those who are in Middle East:

      Chev. Thomas Abraham
      P. O. Box - 10957
      Cell: +973-39461824
      Email: monthiruvanchoor@...

      5- To partake in the sponsorship of this project, please contact myself on following email ID with your postal address and contact telephone number.

      Mr. Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      Email: madopadeshasaraangal@...

      We request you all to keep this project in your daily prayer.

      Many thanks for your usual support to SOCM and all its activities.

      Be with us and be part of us.

      In HIS Love

      On behalf of SOCMNet & Mor Adai Study Center
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3369 of 3369 , Oct 1 5:43 AM
        Dear honorable members