Re: On Polemics, Rip offs, and Fabrications

  • Ronnie Daniel
    Message 1 of 1469 , Sep 27, 2006
      Dear Deacon

      I am an IOC member reading the SOC forum regularly. However, I am not a learned member; so I am not trying to answer your query. But, seeking clarifications on a few points from your post.

      1. You said the Holy Spirit directly created the Church of Antioch. My understanding is that there are many churches in addition to SOC claiming the ancestry of the Church of Antioch.
      2. You implied that the SOC is in existence since AD 37. Is it true ??
      3. Now about the Parable of the man who sow the good seed – You are implying that christianity in India was created by the SOC in AD 37. My understanding is that it was St. Thomas who sow the good seed in AD 37. That time we were known as St.Thomas Christians and our history shows that the church was run by Arcadeacons. Our name was later changed to Malankara Christians; then to Malankara Orthodox Christians; then to Malankara Syrian Orthodox Christians and now to Indian Orthodox Christians. Respected Deacon, as a Christian you cannot maintain double standard. You gladly accept the evolution of the name of SOC – The Church of Antioch to current day Global Syrian Orthodox Church. Whereas, you cannot accept the evolution of the St. Thomas Christians of India to the Global Indian Orthodox Church.
      4. Again on the parable – Being on the IOC side, I could interpret this parable as the Protestants, the Catholics and the Syrians sow the seed of tares among the St. Thomas Christians while the Arcdeacons designated by St. Thomas were sleeping. Instead, I would like to acknowledge the great contributions of these groups to the growth of Christianity in India. SOC should be proud of the existence of a great sister church in India. Those who bring the head and tail story in relationship between SOC and IOC are the representatives of the devil. There is only one head which is Christ.

      The rest of us are parts of the body.

      This was just to give the other side of the story from an IOC members perspective.

      Best Rgds
      Ronnie Daniel
      ID No. 2304

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Dn. Zach Varghese wrote:

      > Addresssed to any IOC member reading this forum or any learned
      member after a frustrating several weeks of trying to get an answer:

    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators