Re: Renaming the Church – Shortcut to end an identity crisis

  • Dn. Zach Varghese
    Message 1 of 1469 , Sep 25, 2006
      St.Thomas only started the preaching of the Gospel. My father and
      mother first preached the gospel to me, and they were Syrian Orthodox
      Christians from Kerala. Via the mediation of the Church and the work of the Holy Spirit, I came to know Jesus Christ. This knowledge is the
      direct result of the Syrian Church sustaining the faith in India. St.
      Thomas was a Palestinian (Syrian) Christian, as you know. It is silly
      for a Ph.D. to claim that anything after St. Thomas is mere "appendix," as if the Holy Spirit stopped working after the Holy Apostle's death, and you became a priest by St. Thomas' direct hand! 2 Tim 3:7

      Dn. Zach Varghese
      0970

    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators