Re: On Polemics, Rip offs, and Fabrications

  • Dn. Zach Varghese
    Message 1 of 1469 , Sep 24, 2006
      Addresssed to any IOC member reading this forum or any learned member after a frustrating several weeks of trying to get an answer:

      QUERY: Where is the Holy Spirit in the creation of the IOC?

      BACKGROUND: It is unquestionable that the Holy Spirit directly created the Church of Antioch, as well as other Apostolic Churchs (as noted in the book of Acts). The work of the Holy Spirit bares positive fruit. Though things have been far from perfect due to the humanity of the SOC, we have kept the faith from A.D. 37 forward, spreading the Gospel to various parts of the East including India.

      The person most often cited as "responsible" for starting the IOC movement, a person known as a saint in the IOC, Mor Vattaserril, never demanded separation from the SOC. The church fight has helped a few gain power and prestige. Nationalistic flames have been fanned. History has been distorted or made up. No serious person outside of Kerala believes that the current IOC Catholicos can claim direct succession from St. Thomas. There has been a net loss of Christians claiming to be Orthodox. Some have gone to pentecostalism or other "protestant" churches. Some become atheists or worse, apathetic dead logs. No one claims to have seen a "vision" from God telling them to separate from the Patriarch or create an autocephalous church.

      So again I ask, where was the Holy Spirit in the creation of the IOC?

      CONFRONTATION: If the Holy Spirit is not the driving force in the IOC, then who or what is? Should a Christian remain in a community that is not led by God?

      Can someone evaluate the words Jesus said in Mathew ch 13:

      24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

      25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

      26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then
      appeared the tares also.

      27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir,
      didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it
      tares?

      28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

      29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

      30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

      CAN the IOC leadership, and all who wish subversion instead of
      submission to the leadership of legitamate authority, be wheat? Or, God forbid, will they end up as tares?

      PROGNOSIS: All in the SOC should prepare to receive a harvest as the Holy Spirit leads precious Keralites back to His true shephards.

      In Christ,
      Dn. Zach Varghese
      0970
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators