Re: I pray that HH may continue to live long to lead the church

  • Dr.GeorgeK John
    Message 1 of 1469 , Sep 16, 2006
      Dear Dr. Babu Paul,

      HH Moran is one of the saintly personalities in Christain world, today. The open mindedness of HH after the supreme court judgement of 1995 towards the unification of malanakara church is indeed laudable. As per the judgement HH Moran is the spiritual head of Syrian Orthodox Church and malanakara church is associated with it. When some group of people tried to read in between lines and make interpretations for their benefit it resulted in the formation of two
      rival groups in church. They could make innocent clergy to dance to their tune. Since their actions were not with Holy Spirit the lapses and mistakes starated to enter. These mistakes got grown up into two strong groups. These groups became strong rivals and lost faith in between them. The two portions nurtured the split so that the split will never get healed up. But the malankara nazranees are one and they mingle together with families, make inter group marriages. The strong group leaders agree to give their daughters to protestant church while they argue for church groups with out any compromise on thrones, supramacy and independence. The recent episode I could experience is the behaviour of a leader whom lloved very much and respected who did the way Our Lord asked the woman that the bread of children is not thrown to dogs. We have become more and more divided with hatred. Jesus asked us to Love every one, pray for every one and comfort any one in distress. But these are contained to groups. Is this the faith of Syrian Church?. Still I belive that if we respect HH Moran as supreme head, HH will dissolve all the differences among us regarding the dispute. As per the Indian constitution no foriegner can make administrative power in side India except spiritual powers. The larger portion of our church faithfuls love to see an eternal peace without court cases, fights in parishes and church closures. A section of people for their personal benefits of positon, money and power create groups and use the name of HH Moran. You being very close to HH and have a pivotal postion in the church should lead the mass irrespective of groups and save our ancient church.

      May the Lord give you the power of Elijha.
      with prayers

      Dr.GeorgeK John , Sharjah
      ID 0204
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators