Re: Holy Catholicose !

  • thomas_pa1
    Message 1 of 91 , Jul 17, 2002
      But Catholicos also said other things. Why don't we stress those?
      We only stress the bad this we perceive in other party and try to say
      that we are better than the other party. Consideting that both parties
      constitute humans, we need to understand the the ambitions of both
      sides and come up with a negotiation. Egypt claimed ownership of
      sinai. Isreal wanted control over Sinai, not for enjoying the
      ownership, but to act as a buffer zone. The solution reached - Egypt
      owns Sinai and an international peace keepers deployed there.
      Do we clearly know our own interests? Malankara Metran wants to ensure
      the unity of Malankara Church, unity of our people and families. There
      is nothing wrong in it. At the same time Malankara Metran said in
      Cochin that maintaining the strong unity with Anthioc equally
      important.

      What is clearly the interest of Sinu about Malankara Church?

      We Orthodox Christians do not believe in the infallibility of a bishop or
      head of the Synod. We believe in
      human limitations. But it is the responsibility of Malankara Metran to
      ensure unity of the parishes in Malankara, though all our parishes are
      rules by the parish general body. Every community need administrative
      setup. Freedom of parish doesn't mean an uncontrolled state. There
      has to be some mechanism to ensure the integrity of Malankara Church.
      We forget certain realities overtaken by some emotions. We cannot just
      say that Patriarch or Catholicos is always wrong. Only Christ is
      infallible and His advice is unity of the body, the Church. Apostlolic
      Canons retained this by saying that Church in a nation should remain
      united. What is the meaning of ecumenism if what Christians keep in
      mind is anger, jealousy and destruction of eath other through
      divisions?

      -Thomas

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "nithinpjohn" wrote:
      > Catholicose, Baselious Mathews II, holy by himself, was shouting in
      > the crowd at Cochin, 'if any body wants to go and make new church
      can
      > do that but leave the churches and properties'.From this statement
      > what we understand, about the Holy Catholicose? .He is not
      interested
    • SOCM- Moderatores
      Message 91 of 91 , Jul 23, 2002
        Dear SOCM forum members,

        According to the "Mangalm Daily", the declaration of
        ordination of Mor Dionysius Thomas as Catholicose of
        Malankara Jacobite Church is going to be on 28th Friday.

        Mor Divanyisos and Mor Gregarious are in Damascus. And the
        Church trusty Mr. T. George returned to Kerala.

        News in Malayalam please visit http://www.mangalam.net/

        Forum Moderators