Re: Antiochian Patriarchs __ Some Trivia, Some Hard Facts

  • C. J. Varughese
    Message 1 of 3351 , Aug 28, 2006
      Dear Moderators,

      I had sent the following mail to IOC Forum, as a reply to a posting appeared therein. However, they didn't approved it for posting and hence request you to kindly put it in your fourm, so that many members who read both forum postings will get the message.

      "This refers to Bro. Georgy's detailed description on the Syrian Patriarchates in your forum, and the content in its footnote, wherein he quoted an article from the Constitution of the Syrian Orthodox Church.

      I have a doubt cropped up now on our election process for Catholicose and Malankara Metropolitan. A few weeks ago there was a hue and cry in Mar Macarios's pronouncement for the position of Catholicose & Malankara Metropolitan designate's position. If all our Metropolitans are eligible for this position, the hue and cry against Mar Macarios's announcement is unwarranted. You can frame very good clauses in our Constitution, but always we have seen some undercurrents while electing not only the Catholicose & Malankara Metropolitan, but even a Metropolitan also. The most deserved will not find a place in the final election. One thing we should remember, always the elected one's have to keep the interest of their electorates, not to use their conscious and conscience mind, and our late catholicose Ougen had to act against his will and dishonoured the great position of Catholicose of the East. Unless and until our Church is not guided by the Holy Spirit, whatsoever we outnumber any other Church in head count or parish count, the final verdict is not in human hand, but somewhere beyond his reach (One do not have surf anywhere in the internet for better example for this, it is therein in the Holy Scripture - the Making of Babel - and the pathetic end of that greatest human plan to reach high and his quest to become EQUAL). Remember, one can belittle anybody by his speech, action - but the truth will prevail till last.

      In earlier times Mother's abandon their children, but in 20th and 21st century it is children abandoning their Mother. I request learned Bro. Georgy to understand that there is no doubt about the Mother Church in Malankara Church, but a very few have it in their mind, and they are the trouble makers and responsible for the current unrest in our ancient Church, planted by the Apostle of India. It is my earnest request to the learned contributors not to confuse the faithfuls, but to pray for enlightenment, and for guidance of the Holy Spirit.

      With prayers,
      C.J Varughese
      St. Mary's SO Church, Ahmedabad
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com