Re: EMERGENCY: Translations and transliterations crucial today.

  • Mike Wingert
    Message 1 of 3361 , Aug 27, 2006
      Dear Phil,

      It was nice to see your initial support of Dn. Joel's message. However, I was a little dismayed to see that, even in the midst of such a positive email from Dn. Joel, you felt the need to hijack the discussion. As someone who has been reading SOCM for some time although a rare poster), you either haven't read the majority of SOCM postings dealing with the IO attacks on the Church, or you are simply trying to incite bickering. Since you're a known buttress of the IO, it would be hard to interpret your action as anything other than adversarial. But of course, only God knows the hearts and minds of us all.

      A more appropriate question you could have posed would have been, "what among the IO is not a rip-off"? This is a far less time-consuming question to answer, as the corpus of the IO existence is taken directly from the Syriac Orthodox Church. Those differences the IO share with the Orthodox Christians of India constitute the fabrications. Mixing truth and fiction in these proportions is one of the great dangers of the world.

      Take the example of the early days in Islam (or even today for that matter). Muslims would entice innocent people with certain truths, then bend those truths with falsehoods. They'd preach giving alms, education, honoring one's parents—all truths. But more subversive than this, they also preach that Jesus is the Christ, born of a virgin, untouched by Satan (whereas everyone else is), and is indeed the Word of God. All those truths sound really good. Yet after these guys bring innocent and/or ignorant people into their community, it becomes more difficult for those in the community to break from their communal bonds—even after slight differences (the fabrications) are introduced. The alterations of the faith entered slowly into the minds of those enticed... and even if they didn't accept all the differences, they were made to be part of the community (knowing full well the next generation would adopt all the other falsehoods).

      If you honestly are still interested in your questions, search the archives of the group. You can do it little bird! Spread your wings… and fly!

      Mike Wingert
      0902
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3361 of 3361 , Feb 1 7:42 AM