Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Re: New Constitution & the future

  • dipu george
    Message 1 of 91 , Jul 13, 2002

      shlomo,

      with the judgement of the supreme court out yesterday i think its high time we in this forum charter our new course to build this site as a forum discussing spiritual and community matters.

      the metran kakshis can either go to heaven or rot in hell.... we jacobites dont care.

      we will have our shresta bava and we also have our own constitution and we will protect and preserve our churches and wont let them be desecrated by the metran kakshis.

      now i need no longer chastise my brother thomas pa1( every brother should be strict with any siblings diverting from the holy faith...thats why) coz he now belongs to a new church founded somewhere around 1934 and perhaps i may now have to formally educate him about the syrian orthodox church with its origins in 37AD feb22.

      i think i saw someone� mentioning about the validity of the peace accord signed by the two factions in 1958.

      let me clarify a few points here

      while the patriach's letter was a signed document the catholicose's was not!! this discrepancy came to light then and there and the catholicose had to sign this document in his car!!

      while the patriach� had accepted the catholiose unconditionally the catholicose had inserted the words "subject to the constitution"!! in his letter.

      in my�following articles i will quote the words from the book " Sabha Charithram" by the most rev Kanyamparambil Achen regarding 1. the synod of diamper, 2. the 1934 constitution , and also how� the Sabha Bhasuran did toy with the idea of joining the uniate patriach( catholic faith) and also the architect of the abdul massiah episode ( Fr PT Varghese who later became Mor Ivanios� the founder of the Reethu Sabha) . let me also remind Thomaspa1 that while Abdul Massiah was the patriach his staunch reply to a request for a maphrian in malankara was those who again write to him regarding the matter will be cursed by the holy trinity.

      �my next articles will be dealing with these issues to prove how peace loving our Patriachs were and why we stand justified in our actions so far. i do not claim that everyone in the jacobite community are saints . we are suffering only because of the shortcomings of�certain individuals of the church .�Such people who having got all the recognitions and medals from the church promptly left the church to fend for itself against adversities.

      lets hope that the next generation in this community will learn from such mistakes� and strive together to strengthen our church and our community. the metran kakshis will again come like hyenas ..let them do what they want to do but we have got better things to do� ..i hope if any jacobite priest in this forum ( if there are any) could take the iniative and start teaching the jacobites members of this forum the holy language -Syriac to us.

      nothing more to pen for now

      fasch bshlomo

      thomas_pa1@... wrote:

      Dear Shri Jacob, What is your definition of "Universal (Catholic)
      Church"? Is the Armenian Church part of your defnition of Universal
      Catholic church? or is it only the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church?

    • SOCM- Moderatores
      Message 91 of 91 , Jul 23, 2002
        Dear SOCM forum members,

        According to the "Mangalm Daily", the declaration of
        ordination of Mor Dionysius Thomas as Catholicose of
        Malankara Jacobite Church is going to be on 28th Friday.

        Mor Divanyisos and Mor Gregarious are in Damascus. And the
        Church trusty Mr. T. George returned to Kerala.

        News in Malayalam please visit http://www.mangalam.net/

        Forum Moderators