Re: Our expectations about our Metropolitans.

  • Jacob V. Joshua
    Message 1 of 3362 , Aug 7, 2006
      Dear Moderators,

      We fully agree with the views expressed by Mr. Mathew Chacko on the above subject.

      Our Church is based on the democractic principles set by the Mulanthuruthy Synod of 1876 held under the chairmanship of blessed memory of Moran Mor Ignatius Peter IIIrd. Even the 2002 constitution or the 1932 constitution of Indian Orthodox faction and also the set up of Malankara Catholic (Reeth) and the Marthoma Church are all based on the 1876 Arrangements announced and declared by the Supreme Head of the visible Church.

      Our Lord has selected 12 disciples to carry forward His ministry. Jesus Christ has selected Judas Iscariot knowingly that there should be someone to betray Him. Same is the case even today. Among the Bishops, there should be someone like Vattasseril Thirumeni, Vattakunnel Thirumeni or Themotheos/Didimoses, etc.

      Few of the present day Bishops are busy in acquiring properties and assets in their own name and to bring the Parish properties and the faithfuls into their bogus Trusts registered on fake names and addresses. They have forgotten that their divine call was to acquire human souls. The modern theology few of the Bishops and the new priests are taught is that you get the maximum contributions from the laity and allow them to build the churches and institutions and once the construciton is complete throw them away from the church premises and take control of the buildings and rule by force and threatening.

      With prayers,

      Jacob V. Joshua
      New Delhi
      (Memb.ID 911)