comments.

  • manoj george
    Message 1 of 91 , Jul 4, 2002
      Dear all,

      I think in the present situation no compromise can be
      reached on the malankara church matters. We have been
      mud slinging on each other for the past nine decades
      and now there can be no compromise for the sake of it
      without solving the ground problems. If we go for a
      compromise just for the sake of it, it will only be a
      repeat of 1964.

      We have been facing a lot of conflict within the
      church for the past nine decades. The conflict has
      grown to such a level that one faction has gone to the
      extent of changing the church history to suit their
      purposes. And this history has been taught to their
      younger generation. If we go for a marriage of
      convenience can anybody tell me how are we going to
      cope up with these two different thoughts and beliefs
      within the same church. Will it not lead to further
      conflicts?

      The best solution would be to continue as it is now
      for some more years. During this time do stop all the
      cases, initiate dialogue and see if these issues can
      be resolved. If not, let us seperate as two different
      churches. I know and believe that God's Church should
      not be divided but this is better than keeping on a
      conflict forever.

      With prayers
      Manoj
    • SOCM- Moderatores
      Message 91 of 91 , Jul 23, 2002
        Dear SOCM forum members,

        According to the "Mangalm Daily", the declaration of
        ordination of Mor Dionysius Thomas as Catholicose of
        Malankara Jacobite Church is going to be on 28th Friday.

        Mor Divanyisos and Mor Gregarious are in Damascus. And the
        Church trusty Mr. T. George returned to Kerala.

        News in Malayalam please visit http://www.mangalam.net/

        Forum Moderators