- Greetings to All, Some thoughts about GOD are as follows to guide and help further a step to review our temporary life on earth: Thoughts About God 1. If youMessage 1 of 3350 , Jul 3, 2006View SourceGreetings to All,
Some thoughts about GOD are as follows to guide and help further a step to review our temporary life on earth:
Thoughts About God
1. If you feel far away from God, guess who moved?
2. Fear knocked. Faith answered. No one was there.
3. What you are is God's Gift to you. What you become is your gift to God.
4. I am God's Melody of Life and He Sings His Song through me.
5. We can never really go where God is not, and where He Is, all is well.
6. No matter what is happening in your life, know that God Is Waiting for you with open Arms.
7. God Promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
8. Do your best and then sleep in peace. God Is Awake.
9. God Has a Purpose and Plan for me that no one else can fulfill.
10. The Will of God will never take you to where The Grace of God will not protect you.
11. We are responsible for the effort, not the outcome.
12. We set the sail; God Makes the wind.
13. Begin to weave and God Will Give you the thread.
14. When God Says "no", it's because He Has something better in store for you.
15. The task ahead of us is never as great as The Power behind us.
16. Prayer: don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty.
17. It's my business to do God's Business, and it's His Business to take care of my business.
18. Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.
19. How come you're always running around looking for God? He's not lost.
20. The will of the majority usually is not be The Will of God.
With best wishes
St.Peter's Cathedral, New Delhi
St.Thomas Church, North Parur
- Dear Sir, Thanks for the reply and I appreciate that. Nevertheless, I would like to point out few things for your information and kind consideration. (1) Yes,Message 3350 of 3350 , Mar 8 9:35 PMView SourceDear Sir,Thanks for the reply and I appreciate that. Nevertheless, I would like to point out few things for your information and kind consideration.(1) Yes, It is noticed that the calendar is made by Samajam, but let me reiterate its a Church Calendar. I had pointed out this to Mr. Daniel, who made this a year back, but unfortunately I got the reply that this is to be used for Saudi Arabia. I don't think any one in Saudi Arabia use Church Calendar in their offices. Further, if its for Saudi Arabia, that shpuld be with Samajam members and wellwishers, it should not appear in jacobite online's website. Am I making sense?(2) Even our local church calendar in Kerala often makes this mistakes, as they put these dates in Calendars, I believe. How can we justify that, if so.(3) Communal harmony is well and good, but that should not get in to a level which dilutes the basic faith (when I say faith means, its Christian Faith, not church/ community) we adhere to.As a person, I'm so weak and cannot take it to higher hierarchy, but you can.Once again thanks for your reply and I hope my points are clear to you now.RegardsShibu MATHEWID number is 4595
On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 8:47 PM, Shibu Mathew <shibmat@...> wrote:Hello,
It has been noticed for the past couple of years hat the Church Calendar highlights the 'Hijra' dates along with the Gregorian date. Basically there is nothing harmful in first shot, but there is a damage behind that.Hijra year is basically the year Muslims calculate as the year when they received Quran to them. My question, Are we Christians accept and acknowledge the same?St. Pauls says to Galatians 1: 9 "As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."Keeping this in mind; how do we highlight Hijri year? Let normal calendar carry it for business reasons, but Church Calendar shall not...Please express yourself with comments....Rgds
Shibu MATHEWID number is 4595---------------------From the desk of moderatorsThis calender was prepared and distributed by our congregation (SAMJAM) in Saudi Arabia. For their own reasons they included the "Hijra" dates.